Controls Field Service Engineer
1 day left
- Full Time
- Provide customers with technical direction and support on the calibration, repair and operation of instrumentation and controls equipment.
- Implement conversions, modifications and upgrades to gas turbine controls systems including software upgrades and major retrofits.
- Troubleshoots, re-installs, tests, evaluates, calibrates, and maintains instruments or devices upon completion of repairs.
- Records and reports abnormal function or out of tolerance conditions of equipment and initiates corrective action and documentation.
- Read and interpret electrical/mechanical flow and instrument diagrams.
- Use of hand tools to conduct general maintenance of customer equipment.
- Provide documents of daily record of inspection, maintenance activity, repair and other work performed within approved guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure all in-field activities are carried out safely complying with company environmental, health, and safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
- 2+ years of experience without formal degree, in power plant maintenance, turbine generator maintenance, or power plant equipment installation/ commissioning.
- Ability to understand and implement controls software upgrades.
- May be required to work on offshore platforms.
- May be required to travel internationally.
- Solid understanding of PLC ladder logic, including basic understanding of how to navigate through ladder rungs while troubleshooting.
- Fluent in English.
- Solid knowledge of Gas Turbine Control Systems and Auxiliary Systems including but not limited to Woodward Netcon, Micronet, Micronet Plus, GE Mark V, VI, Vie, Fanuc, RX3i, and RX7i controls systems.
- Preferable field experience on Wonderware, Cimplicity and iFix HMI software.
- Accommodation/Flights/Transportation/Visa(s) all paid for
- Competitive Salary + per Diem
- 7-day payment terms
- Immediate start dates