IT Support Engineer (Iraqi national)
1 day left
- Full Time
Paragon GE is looking for an IT Support Engineer (Iraqi national) for a staff position with an Operator in the Kurdistan region of Iraq.
Position Title: IT Support Engineer
Residential or Rotational: Residential
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed
Location: Various sites in Kurdistan Region of Iraq
The purpose of this is to preservation, configuration, and reliable operation of client computer systems, network, and servers. The administrator recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications and ensures that internal IT structure of the enterprise remains up-to-date.
- Ensure compliance with the company IT policy and procedure.
- Ensuring the development of normative and methodological materials in the Company in area of information technologies.
- understanding of the various operating system, hardware, database, internet, networking and telephony technologies like P2P, 3G, Wi-Fi, VPN, VOIP, etc.
- Ensure good communication with Erbil office and reporting to the Head of IT.
- Ensure successful backup of database and application system.
- Working on Router and corporate firewall configuration (FortiGate).
- Knowledge of fiber optic cable communication systems preferred.
- Knowledge on office 365 application (outlook, Skype for business, word, excel, powerpoint, one drive).
- Good communication skills with clients and resolve their technical issues promptly and effectively ensuring first time fix.
- Support field staff with all IT & Communications related software and hardware issues.
- Ability to work on height places like climbing ladder and tower.
- Managing inventory of IT equipment.
- Work hard under pressure and good time management.
- Ability to support virtual and cloud environments like Azure, Google Apps, etc...
- Ability to work on rotations per company’s requirement.
- Manage servers, printers and networking equipment including installing, maintaining and upgrading of Microsoft Windows-based servers and desktops.
- manage Local Area Network (LAN) site including client workstations, switches, routers, and security devices.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Monitor network communication and following up with ISP.
- Managing user accounts, resetting passwords, shared drive, etc.
- Quickly arrange repair for hardware in case of server hardware failure.
- In terms of documentation; record make sense tasks and complete root cause as well as actions taken.
- Creation and maintenance of the technical support for IT system, solving of user problems with computers, hardware and software.
- Ensuring information security for IT-systems and IT infrastructure in accordance with the IT Security Policy.
- Interaction with the IT Security Section in the organization and implementation of joint activities aimed at ensuring information security.
- Participation in IT risk management process (operational and project management risks): identification, assessment and monitoring. Participation in developing and implementation of action plans to control or decrease existed operational and project management IT-risks. Regular and timely informing of Senior management over the IT risks.
- Participation in developing of action plans for business processes maintaining uninterrupted.
- Ensuring compliance with HSE requirements within competencies of IT Section.
- Analysis of the key performance indicators achievement of IT Section, goals accomplishment and tasks completion according to its competences.
With the Head of IT section, as well as with Head of Automation Division and management of the Company in matters related to ensuring their needs for information and communication technologies.
With counterparties and third parties, within its competence.
Regulation of Activities
- Company constitution;
- Decisions, instruction of the Company management and immediate supervisor;
- Local normative documents, related to the activity of the IT division, as well as IT Security Policy, IT Policy, IT Architecture, IT Security Policy, the Matrix of Roles and Responsibilities; etc.;
- Regulations on the IT Section;
Other Job Requirements
- College degree (computer science or technical / information technology) – obligatory.
- Higher professional education (technical / information technology) – is an advantage.
- Cisco certificate or network plus is an advantage.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of information and communication technologies.
- Knowledge of the principles of the operation of computer systems and software.
- Knowledge of methods of organizing networks and programs.
- Arabic, English, Kurdish – fluent.
- At least 2 years in the same position.
- Prefer who work in field.
- Programming basics and understanding of principles of operational and accounting IT systems.