Head of Capital Construction (Iraqi national)
- Full Time
Paragon GE is looking for a Head of Capital Construction (Iraqi national) for a staff position with an Operator in the Kurdistan region of Iraq.
Position Title: Head of Capital Construction
Residential or Rotational: Residential
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq
Organization and control of the process of capital construction and reconstruction of the Pipeline System facilities, including:
- Planning and control of execution of the works and services time schedules, approved by the Company, by participants of the processes related to capital construction, reconstruction of the Pipeline System facilities;
- Effective management of the Company's resources and investments in capital construction and reconstruction of the Company’s facilities;
- Commissioning and start-up of the facilities completed by construction and reconstruction within the Routine Works Plan and Budget, with the technological and operational parameters, industrial and environmental safety indicators that meet the terms of the Concession Agreement and the applicable legislation of Iraqi Kurdistan and the Republic of Iraq.
Administratively the Head of the Capital Construction Section is subordinate to the Director for Capital Construction or, in his/her absence, to the Deputy of Director for Capital Construction or another authorized person according to the decision form the Branch Head – Operating Director. Functionally the Head of the Capital Construction Section reports to the Deputy of Director for Capital Construction.
The Head of the Capital Construction Section provides operating management of the Capital Construction Section and performs the following functions:
- Defines, assigns and updates, if necessary, the work tasks to the specialists of the Capital Construction Section with regard to the preparation and maintenance of the data for operational and calendar planning of the capital construction and reconstruction of the Pipeline System facilities;
- Develops and controls the update of the Master List of Company facilities approved for construction, capital repair and reconstruction;
- Organizes development of project execution plans and budgets specifying the goals, objectives, time schedules for provision of works and services, including staged works breakdown and timeline calculations within the processes of capital construction, capital repair and reconstruction of the Pipeline System facilities based on the Company approved design solutions and schedules for contracted works and services;
- Reviews and agrees on time schedules for contractor’s works and services with consideration of the Company approved short-term and long-term work plans;
- Guides the Section staff activities in determining the key tasks of the construction and reconstruction processes, coordination of their parameters with process’ participants, communication and interfaces between the stakeholders, documenting and submission of the operational reporting to the Director for Capital Construction;
- Prepares and conducts scheduled meetings, including the preparation of presentations with data on the implementation of decisions from previous meetings and the tasks for the next reporting period;
- Monitors the completeness and reliability of data as well as the deadlines for the provision of reporting documentation by the process participants on the implementation of the decisions of the previous meetings;
- Monitors implementation of the schedules and budgets for the Company construction and reconstruction projects; ensures analysis of deviations in execution of construction activities and the occurrence probability of associated risks;
- Organizes consolidation, execution, registration and submission of progress reports on implementation of the Routine Works Plan and Budget to the Company Management, including information on execution of capital repair projects (as provided by the Capital Repair Section);
- Participates in preparation and controls execution of the managerial and/or corrective decisions of the Company in relation to capital construction and reconstruction projects;
- Organizes planning and participates in holding working and acceptance commissions during handover/acceptance of the Company facilities completed by construction, repair or reconstruction, as well as preparation of permits for operation;
- Within the competence of the Section, takes part in claims activities of the Company’s business units in respect of performance of works and services by contractors;
- Upon instructions from the Director for Capital Construction or Deputy Director, organizes calculation of certain operations or processes to substantiate managerial and/or corrective decisions making;
- Initiates, controls development and update in the Company's normative documentation related to the Capital Construction;
- Participates in selection and manages the actions of process participants to ensure the use of the joint software tool for planning and management of capital construction, repair and reconstruction projects;
- Raises proposals and controls implementation of the approved cost saving actions through the effective use of capital investments and rational organization of activities of the Section and contractors;
- Upon instructions from the Directorate for Capital Construction participates in the work of the Technical Council of the Company within the contents and regulations of the Technical Council;
- Upon instructions from the Company management participates in the work of the Tender Committee within the assigned competence and business area;
- Interacts with construction contractors, design contractors, technical and author supervision, and other contractors within the assigned competence;
- Collects and forwards to the Company management the initial data for the preparation of Notices to the Government on changes in the Routine Works Plan and Budget pertaining to the capital construction and reconstruction of the Company facilities;
- Participates in the expert review of the Terms of Reference, design and manufacturer documentation, vendor proposals, internal normative documents of the Company within the assigned business area;
- Provides the initial data on the unfinished construction facilities to the Accounting Office and Inventory Taking Commission for conducting inventory taking;
- Organizes participation of the representatives from the Capital Construction Section in inventory taking of the unfinished construction facilities;
- Evaluates performance of the employees of the Capital Construction Section;
- Interacts with the State and local authorities of the Kurdistan Region and the Republic of Iraq within the assigned competence;
- Interacts with the HR Management Division on the organization of training and advanced training of employees of the entrusted units for continuous improvement of the production efficiency and safety;
- Interacts with the HR Department and Directorate Business Units to update the job descriptions, selection of candidates and nomination for new positions;
- Controls the compliance by the subordinate personnel with the Company's internal work regulations, requirements for industrial safety, labor protection, environment, data integrity measures by employees of subordinate units.
- With the Directorate for Capital Construction, Directorate for Operations and Maintenance, Director for Procurement, Director for Security, Head of HSE Department, Head of HR Management Division, Head of legal Service, Expert review Section, Tenders and Contracts Section, other Directorates and Divisions of the Company within assigned competencies;
- With the members of the Technical Council within the scope and regulation of the Technical Council;
- With the members of the Tender Committee within the scope and regulation of the Tender Committee;
- With representatives of state authorities and local self-government bodies of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and the Republic of Iraq within assigned competencies;
- With business partners, contractors and service providers within assigned competencies and scope of work under related contracts.
Regulation of Activities
- Concession Agreement;
- Applicable Legislation of the Kurdistan Region and the Republic of Iraq;
- Company Internal Normative Documents related to the assigned Business area;
- Occupational Health and Safety requirements and fire safety requirements;
- Normative, methodical and other documents pertaining to construction, capital repair and reconstruction of oil trunk pipeline facilities;
- Regulation on the Capital Construction Section;
- The present Job Profile.
Other Job Requirements
Higher professional education (construction).
- Knowledge of the international standards of industrial design, regulatory requirements in construction / practice in execution of the international Projects in capital construction and reconstruction;
- Confident knowledge of the oil transportation technology; operations and maintenance of the trunk oil pipelines and process management systems;
- Strong practical knowledge of planning, project management and implementation, quality control and completion of industrial construction projects, preferably in the area of oil trunk pipeline transportation;
- Knowledge of the principles of cost estimation for construction and assembly works and equipment;
- Strong organizational skills; Ability to address multiple tasks in a fast paced, changing environment with strong analytical and time management skills;
- Strong focus towards regulatory compliance, HSE and Operational Excellence in the context of project management and implementation of investment and construction projects;
- Knowledge of commercial and legal aspects in relation to concluding contracts on construction and reconstruction works.
- Kurdish – fluent;
- English – fluent;
- Min. 8 years of relevant business experience, out of which at least 4 years of managerial experience in construction, preferably in petroleum companies;
- Relevant experience of working in global companies. A clear advantage is experience gained in Middle East;
- Experience in managing plans and budgets;
- Experience in interacting with the State regulatory bodies;
- Experience in contract and claim management is beneficial.
- Proficiency in using standard office software such as MS Windows, MS Office and/or equivalent;
- Proficiency in using modern communication tools such as Internet, e-mail, mobile phone, telephone / video conferencing, instant messenger systems;
- Applied engineering, project management and construction management software (Project Manager, Primavera, AutoCAD, etc).