Mechanical Commissioning Lead (Omani National)
- Full Time
Paragon GE is looking for a Mechanical Commissioning Lead (Omani National), for a staff position with an Operator in Oman. The Mechanical Commissioning Lead will be responsible for coordinating and managing the Mechanical & Piping commissioning activities during the commissioning and start-up of the process equipment up to final handover to Operations.
Position Title: Mechanical Commissioning Lead (Omani National)
Residential or Rotational: Rotational
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed
Location: Field based, Oman
Job Description/Major Duties (general job functions, responsibilities, day-to-day tasks & activities)
The Mechanical Commissioning Lead will be responsible for coordinating and managing the Mechanical & Piping commissioning activities during the commissioning and start-up of the process equipment up to final handover to Operations.
The Mechanical Commissioning Lead responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensure Mechanical Commissioning activities are efficiently coordinated and executed as per the approved design and in a safe and timely manner.
- Submit mechanical commissioning daily activity reports, noting concerns that may affect targets or reliability/performance of equipment.
- Supervision of mechanical staff under their control, & responsibility for the technical quality of work produced by them.
- Inputs into the project schedule for the mechanical commissioning scope of work.
- Review and ensure all mechanical documentation supplied is complete and accurate, ready for commissioning.
- Ensure commissioning roles and responsibilities are defined, communicated and understood by all Mechanical Commissioning team members. Give clarity and understanding to specific tasks to be undertaken as defined in the system description in the Work pack MEI.
- Responsible for safe pre-commissioning / commissioning of mechanical equipment, ensuring the installation is ready for start-up as per approved design.
- Leads and supervises the testing process of all mechanical equipment.
- Coordinates with projects the need for any mechanical training for operations.
- Responsible for making sure that all project mechanical redline drawings are placed in the correct folders.
- Raising TQ (technical queries) where necessary.
- Attend equipment FAT’S as company representative, when requested.
- Participates in Mechanical MEI walk downs.
- Actively participates and promotes a strong HES culture.
Requirements (Education required, background, experience, skills)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical engineering with a minimum of 8 years of experience in rotating equipment commissioning or operations maintenance in oil & gas / petrochemical industry with a minimum of 4 years in supervisory role OR College Diploma in Mechanical engineering with a Minimum of 10 years of experience in rotating equipment commissioning or operations maintenance in oil & gas / petrochemical industry with a minimum of 4 years in supervisory role.
- Good communication skills.
- Good PC skills.