Instrument Commissioning Lead (Omani National)
Paragon GE are looking for an Instrument Commissioning Lead (Omani National), for a staff position with an Operator in Oman. The Instrument Commissioning Lead will be responsible for coordinating and managing the instrument commissioning activities during the commissioning and start-up of the process equipment up to final handover to Operations.
Position Title: Instrument Commissioning Lead (Omani National)
Residential or Rotational: Rotational
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed
Location: Field based, Oman
Job Description/Major Duties (general job functions, responsibilities, day-to-day tasks & activities)
The Instrument Commissioning Lead will be responsible for coordinating and managing the instrument commissioning activities during the commissioning and startup of the process equipment up to final handover to Operations.
The Instrument Commissioning Lead responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensure Instrument Commissioning activities are efficiently coordinated and executed as per the approved design and in a safe and timely manner.
- Submit instrument commissioning daily activity reports, noting concerns that may affect targets or reliability/performance of equipment.
- Supervision of instrument staff under their control, & responsibility for the technical quality of work produced by them.
- Inputs into the project schedule for the instrument commissioning scope of work.
- Review and ensure all instrument documentation supplied is complete and accurate, ready for commissioning.
- Ensure commissioning roles and responsibilities are defined, communicated and understood by all Instrument Commissioning team members. Give clarity and understanding to specific tasks to be undertaken as defined in the system description in the Work pack MEI.
- Responsible for safe pre-commissioning / commissioning of instrument equipment, ensuring the installation is ready for energization as per approved design.
- Leads and supervises the testing process of all instrumentation.
- Coordinates with projects the need for any instrument training for operations.
- Responsible for making sure that all project instrumentation redline drawings are placed in the correct folders.
- Participates in instrument MEI walk downs.
- Raising TQ (technical queries) where necessary.
- Attend equipment FAT’S as company representative, when requested.
- Actively participates and promotes a strong HES culture.
Requirements (Education required, background, experience, skills)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instrument Engineering or any related discipline with a minimum of 8 years of experience in instrumentation commissioning or operations maintenance in oil & gas / petrochemical industry with a minimum of 4 years in supervisory role OR College Diploma in Instrument Engineering or any related discipline with a Minimum of 10 years of experience in instrumentation commissioning or operations maintenance in oil & gas / petrochemical industry with a minimum of 4 years in supervisory role.
- Good communication skills.
- Good PC skills.