- Full Time
Paragon GE is looking for a Project Manager for a staff position in London with an international Oil and Gas Operator. The Project Manager will be based in London, with ADHOC visits to site in West Africa. The ideal candidate must have experience of taking projects from FEED through to completion/handover and ideally speak French fluently.
Position Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Group Engineering Manager
Contract Type: Full-time contractor
Duration: Long term
Location: London, UK
The Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more operational assets. Manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere to AFE approval process throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis. Verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
Successful candidate is also required to have strong engineering backgrounds to manage multiple engineering disciplines. These disciplines including pipelines, piping, E&I and commissioning will be part of the project organisation to provide technical designs and engineering supports to all projects.
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple assets.
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies and tools to expand and mature these capabilities for the organisation.
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project.
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes.
- Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards.
- Manage project and program issues and risks to mitigate impact to baselines.
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues.
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables.
- Direct, review, and approve engineering designs and changes.
- Develop in-house engineering and project execution methodologies.
- Plan and direct the installation, testing and repair of facilities and equipment.
Qualification/Experience requirements/Personal attributes
- The minimum requirement for this position is a recognised Engineering degree. 10+ years experience in Process / Petrochemicals Industry & / or onshore / offshore oil & gas is preferable with 5+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organisations.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts.
- Experience drafting and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close.