Senior Process Engineer
- Full Time
Paragon GE is looking for a Senior Process Engineer for a contract position in London for an international Oil and Gas Operator. The Senior Process Engineer will be in charge of leading a team of process engineers through feasibility, selection of concepts and pre-feed studies and perform FEED and detailed engineering activities. This is a contract position with adhoc visits to West Africa. Experience of heavy oil projects is preferred.
Position Title: Senior Process Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Contract Type: Full-time contractor
Location: London, UK
The Senior Process Engineer is responsible for developing brown-field project conceptual and FEED & detailed designs. This candidate must be able to demonstrate good knowledge and experience of national and international standards and codes of practice that are commonly applied to the design of oil and gas treatment facilities.
- Carry out the feasibility, selection of concepts and pre-feed studies and perform FEED and detailed engineering activities including defining basis of design and project specifications.
- Produce PFDs, P&IDs, Cause & Effects and size/specify equipment/ package datasheets.
- Carry out heat integration analysis and hydraulic calculations for pumps and compressors.
- Perform relief calculations, PSV sizing, flare hydraulics and radiation analysis.
- Produce safeguarding diagrams and operating procedures if required.
- Assist with estimation of equipment and facilities capital cost estimates.
- Prepare, check and approve Process Engineering deliverables for the consultancy firms including checking designs, drawings and data based on relevant international design standards and guides.
- Develop relief system design, including PSV sizing, flare hydraulics and radiation analysis.
- Participate in key project safety and design reviews, including P & ID design reviews, HAZID, HAZOP and SIL studies, and model reviews.
Qualification/Experience requirements/Personal attributes
- The minimum requirement for this position is BSc or MSc Process Engineering degree. 15+ years’ experience in Process / Petrochemicals Industry & / or onshore / offshore oil & gas is required.
- Good practical knowledge of specialised process software, especially HYSYS for process simulation and other tools such as Aspenplus, Pro II, Flare System Analyser, Flaresim, SmartPlant.
- Good technical experience in the design of oil and gas processing facilities and associated pipeline facilities.
- Experience in static and dynamic simulation work.
- Familiar with engineering work processes, good inter-discipline coordination.
- Ability to present design issues clearly.