Our client is seeking a Lead Geoscientist, on a short term assignment, to contribute to a subsurface evaluation of geodata for an opportunity in West Africa, based out of London.
You will be responsible for;
- Interpreting geological and geophysical data, generating maps, undertaking volumetric & risk assessments and rank prospectivity on a semi regional basis. In addition you will
- Generation of quality exploration seismic interpretation for basin/area ranking.
- Prospect generation to guide potential bids in the round ultimately contributing the success of the business. Conversely, low grading areas to prevent the company making bad bid decisions can prevent value erosion.
- Working semi independently within the given area and discipline, with minimal referral to senior staff and work closely with other members of the team to ensure a "joined up" approach to interpretation.
To be successful in this role you will be;
- Hold a relevant Geology or similar degree or Masters.
- Have strong geological and geophysical knowledge
- Possess experience in utilising geological and geophysical data in a number of geological realms and environments
To apply, click the link below. Applications close mid-July.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.