Electrical Commissioning Lead (Omani National)
- Full Time
Paragon GE are looking for an Electrical Commissioning Lead (Omani National), for a staff position with an Operator in Oman. The Electrical Commissioning Lead will be responsible for coordinating and managing the Electrical commissioning activities during the commissioning and startup of the process equipment up to final handover to Operations.
Position Title: Electrical Commissioning Lead (Omani National)
Residential or Rotational: Rotational
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed
Location: Field based, Oman
Job Description/Major Duties (general job functions, responsibilities, day-to-day tasks & activities)
The Electrical Commissioning Lead will be responsible for coordinating and managing the Electrical commissioning activities during the commissioning and startup of the process equipment up to final handover to Operations.
The Electrical Commissioning Lead responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensure Electrical Commissioning activities are efficiently coordinated and executed as per the approved design and in a safe and timely manner.
- Submit electrical commissioning daily activity reports, noting concerns that may affect targets or reliability/performance of equipment.
- Supervision of electrical staff under their control, & responsibility for the technical quality of work produced by them.
- Responsible for safe pre-commissioning / commissioning of electrical equipment, ensuring the installation is ready for energization as per approved design.
- Inputs into the project schedule for the electrical commissioning scope of work.
- Leads the electrical PSSRB(pre start-up safety review for electrical)
- Review and ensure all electrical documentation supplied is complete and accurate, ready for commissioning.
- Ensure commissioning roles and responsibilities are defined, communicated and understood by all Electrical Commissioning team members. Give clarity and understanding to specific tasks to be undertaken as defined in the system description in the Work pack MEI and Energization Notices.
- Leads and supervises the energization process of all commissioned electrical equipment.
- Coordinates with projects the need for any electrical training for operations.
- Responsible for making sure that all project electrical redline drawings are placed in the correct folders.
- Raising TQ (technical queries) where necessary.
- Attend equipment FAT’S as company representative, when requested.
- Participates in electrical MEI walk downs.
- Actively participates and promotes a strong HES culture.
Requirements (Education required, background, experience, skills)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Power engineering with a minimum of 8 years of experience in electrical commissioning or operations maintenance in oil & gas / petrochemical industry with a minimum of 4 years in supervisory role OR College Diploma in Electrical / Power engineering with a Minimum of 10 years of experience in electrical commissioning or operations maintenance in oil & gas / petrochemical industry with a minimum of 4 years in supervisory role.
- Experience in working with electrical installations up to 33KV.
- Needs to have held SAEP certification in previous positions.
- Good communication skills.
- Good PC skills.