General Engineer / Sr Engineer (Protection & Control)
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
*SPECIAL POSTING NOTES:
General / Sr Engineer Controls -
Candidates with a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering with a minimum of 6 to 8 years utility experience performing program and technical tasks in support of electric, gas or water utility controls and communications strongly preferred.
Provides technical knowledge to develop engineering analysis, activities and programs. Leads and performs engineering tasks associated with a critical or analytical engineering project or a small number of complex projects that require specialized knowledge in many areas. Performs assignments while acting independently, and may lead multi-discipline teams. Participates in department planning, provides budget recommendations, develops program charters and project scopes, design direction, engineering deliverables such as device settings, and monitors performance for the accomplishment of project related tasks.
- Read and interpret complex electrical drawings to include but not limited to metering, controls, and communications associated with transmission and distribution electric-utility substation engineering documentation.
- Develop, review, and approve engineering documents to include drawings, specifications, and material list for construction.
- Follow procedures/job process to include preparation of QA checklists and reports for compliance with design configuration control policies and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Maintain understanding of NERC CIP Standards, following policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the requirements.
- Provide technical engineering support to field construction, testing and commissioning crews.
- Use PC based word processing, spreadsheet, database, and e-mail software to perform work duties.
- Code/program intelligent electronic devices (IEDs)/PLCs/RTUs, develop alarm and SCADA communication point lists, and prepare test plans. Understanding of communication protocols such as DNP3, architectures such a serial and routable communications, and programming language C/C .
- Plan and schedule work to include developing a detailed scope of work, creating project schedules and sequencing of work, conducting coordination meetings, and communicating with key stakeholders.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develops studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of Exelon's electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. Provides consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities. Reviews financial data from budget and actual costs of projects. Operates independently and seeks guidance when appropriate.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performs engineering tasks associated with critical engineering projects or a number of small projects with many complex features.
- Performs assignments in areas where engineering precedents are incomplete, lacking or require broad experience.
- Evaluates, develops and implements projects that have moderate financial and operational impact.
- May serve as an expert for organization in a specific area or responsibility.
GENERAL ENGINEER -
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
• Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
• Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
• Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
2. Five or more years of professional engineering experience (1) (3) (See Note) .
3. Broad knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes methods, practices, and advanced engineering principles necessary to perform very complex or unique assignments for a specific discipline, various installations or services.
4. Minimum of two related career experiences (4) (i.e., changes in technical job responsibilities, which may or may not include a change in department) OR
5. Engineer in Training OR
6. 50% complete (by hours) with advanced technical degree, M.B.A. or Project Management Certification
(1) Master's degree in Engineering reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year.
(2) License must be issued by the state in which you are practicing.
(3) PE License reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year.
(4) Career related experiences is defined as changes in technical job responsibilities and does not have to include a change in department
Note: Items (1) and (3) are mutually inclusive, whereby the maximum experience requirement reduction is one(1) year (e.g., in the case of an employee with both a master's degree in Engineering AND a PE license, the minimum experience requirement would be reduced by one (1) year).
1.Graduate degree (1) or Graduate level work in Engineering, Business Administration or Project Management Certification
2.Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
3.S trong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
4.Strong written and oral communication skills.
SENIOR ENGINEER -
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
- Eight or more years of professional engineering experience (1) (3) (See Note).
- Thorough knowledge and experience in unique areas of engineering expertise.
- Detailed knowledge of applicable standards, codes methods, and practices unique to areas of expertise.
- Ability to apply advanced engineering principles to identify and resolve complex issues.
Minimum of three related career experiences (4)
(i. e. , changes in technical job responsibilities, which may or may not include a change in department) OR
- Lead Member of a recognized industry committee OR
- Professional Engineers License (2), advanced technical degree, MBA or Project Management Certification
-(1) Masters degree in Engineering reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year.
-(2) License must be issued by the state in which you are practicing.
-(3) PE License reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year.
-(4) Career related experiences is defined as changes in technical job responsibilities and does not have to include a change in department
- Note: Items (1) and (3) are mutually inclusive, whereby the maximum experience requirement reduction is one(1) year (e. g. , in the case of an employee with both a masters degree in Engineering AND a PE license, the minimum experience requirement would be reduced by one (1) year).
- Graduate degree (1) or Graduate level work in Engineering, Business Administration or Project Management Certification
- Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Influences project decisions having a significant impact on the company.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster