Lead Safety Engineer (FEED) - LNG
Our client, an operator within the oil & gas industry, is looking to add to their HSE/Safety team on a major LNG project - specifically within the FEED stage. The role will be based in Paris initially with a move to Oman as the project progresses.
- Supervises subcontracted studies and provides support to other packages with the support of Head Quarters specialist.
- Ensures that overall safety engineering meet the Company requirements, applicable regulations, and good engineering practices in terms of design, maintainability, operability, and security.
- Participates to studies required by third parties.
- Reports to the Safety Lead who is in charge of all FEED studies and project safety general studies.
- Communicates and applies the HSE policies of the COMPANY and ensure the engineering is developed accordingly.
- Ensures the correct implementation of relevant international standards and any applicable regulations requirements.
- Reviews and comments (including the consolidation of the comments from the other engineering disciplines and operations) of the key deliverables such as: Safety Concept, Safety Philosophies, Safety distances calculations notes and QRA/FRA/ERA,
- Guides FEED CONTRACTOR main design selection in a Fit-for-Purpose approach in order to reach an optimised design. Accordingly, he promotes and follow until approval the deviation request to COMPANY requirements in the main time.
- Ensures through efficient revisions and comments of technical documents the good respect of the applicable frame of reference.
- Monitors and highlight the interfaces within the PLANT packages (in particular with process, control systems, civil/structural, electrical and operations disciplines) and with external parties involved in the project,
- Participates to the Project HAZID, HAZOP, SIL review, PR and SPOT
- Organises with its counterpart discipline weekly meetings and report highlights to its management with proposed mitigation measures when deemed required.
- Participates to internal engineering weekly meetings.
- Provides its technical inputs to any contractual discussions with FEED contractor.
- Contributes to the development of the digital plant though the centric data management.
- Participates to audits of risk-contractors if need be.
- Interacted with partners, third parties and representatives of authorities for technical assistance if required.
- Ensures the final documentation within its perimeter is correctly finalised according to latest engineering studies performed, punch list review included.
- Participates to the Scope Of Work description of its discipline for the EPSCC phase and participate to the clarifications phase, if any.
- Proven experience with LNG projects.
- Professional experience: 10 to 15 years.
- Familiar with QRA methodology, Risks Assessment, Safety Distances Calculations, 3D CFD simulations
- Chartered Engineer with specialisation in technical safety engineering.
- The candidate must be able to interact with specialists interfacing with his discipline and local companies.
- Experience in Onshore plant and particular LNG Plant is preferred.
- Sound IT knowledge.
- Strong communications skills.
If you are interested or require any more information, please apply above.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.