The Strategy and Analysis team is responsible for (i) market monitoring and competitor analysis, (ii) monitoring, influencing and reporting to the business on policy and regulatory developments, (iii) reviewing and updating the strategy, (iv) analytical support for new business opportunities (e.g. acquisition, disposal, partnerships incl. other technologies than onshore wind), and (v) supporting the business by producing valuations for all projects and providing commercial, strategic and analytical advice to support the EDF Renewables business.
- Undertake project and valuation work relating to renewable assets (primarily onshore wind farms but also extending to offshore and new technologies) to support evaluation and potential investment decisions at various phases of asset lifecycles: acquisitions or disposals; development and project optimisation; construction phase; and operations.
- Provide research and analytical support to assist with:
- monitoring of policy & regulatory changes and assessing potential impact on EDF Renewables (e.g. renewable support schemes, energy market reviews etc), and supporting colleagues in EDF Renewables and EDF Energy who seek to influence policy; and
- monitoring and communicating trends observed in the wider renewables market (e.g. competitor analysis, projects, recent transactions, new technologies etc)
- Timely provision of high quality deliverables relating to projects or workstreams such as clear presentation of reliable financial outputs, preparation of research notes and reports, and any ad-hoc or recurring analysis for inclusion in strategy reviews and progress reports to key stakeholders including EDF Renewables board and its shareholders.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key colleagues and stakeholders both within EDF Renewables and EDF Energy, and externally across the wider renewables industry.
- As role appropriate, take responsibility for the management and delivery of certain business critical workstreams and / or sub-sections of larger projects and strategic reviews (e.g. due diligence and documentation for acquisitions and disposals), acting as a point of contact and participating in the presentation of papers to senior management as required.
- As role appropriate, the training, mentoring and supervision of Analysts and / or Graduates on placement in the Strategy & Analysis team, such as providing support and feedback of analytical work and validation / first-level sign-off for modelling and valuation work.
- As role appropriate, taking ownership for the maintenance, development and use of key business models / tools and any accompanying processes to establish continuing effectiveness, including the tracking and updating of market-related inputs.
Key Skills and Experience
A degree in a numerate discipline (or commensurate experience):
o Strong experience of producing and presenting accurate financial appraisal and risk analysis for investment in generation assets (preferably renewable assets)
o Experience of supporting acquisitions / disposals, preferably in renewables
o Sound understanding of accounting and finance
o Sound understanding of the UK renewable market
o Knowledge of valuation techniques and project finance would be an advantage
o Excellent modelling skills (advanced excel a minimum)
o Strong analytical mind with ability to understand key business drivers
o Strong communication and presentation skills
o Strong project management skills
o Commercial acumen
o Team player with ability to build effective working relationships
Please provide a covering letter with your application to detail your experience and knowledge of the industry.
EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy and Belgium. We're the UK’s largest producer of low-carbon electricity, the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in Great Britain, the largest supplier to British businesses and we employ more than 13,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We are playing a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK to secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.