The Generator Engineer is focal point for problem resolution for our customers related to generator Electrical, mechanical and relevant auxiliaries. Being multi-disciplinary engineering team, it will be expected to have flexibility to learn gas turbine, steam turbine operational aspects in addition to primary job responsibilities.
The position will be responsible for assisting engineering manager and engineering teamfor various customer support engineering activities.
- Generator Engineer is responsible for problem resolution for our customers related to Mechanical/Electrical components of the generator and relevant auxiliaries.
- Being multi-disciplinary engineering team, it will be expected to have flexibility to learn gas turbine, steam turbine operational aspects in addition to primary job responsibilities.
- The engineer is also responsible for assisting engineering manager and engineering team for various customer support engineering activities.
① Support the operation and maintenance of MHPS generators and relevant auxiliary systems during scheduled/forced outage as well as during the normal operation.
② Support the operation and maintenance of non-OEM generators and relevant auxiliary systems during scheduled/forced outage as well as during the normal operation.
③ Prepare and write generator technical reports, technical procedures, etc. following the instruction of the Engineering Manager.
④ Verify, troubleshoot, and maintain the correct functioning of generator mechanical/electrical components, relevant auxiliary systems, and their control systems including instrumentations.
⑤ Carry out commissioning activities on-site.
⑥ Plan and prepare reports for commissioning activities after the outages.
⑦ Support creation of RFQs and POs, etc. following the instructions of the Engineering Manager.
⑧ Respond to internal and external customers’ requests for technical issue resolution using technical product knowledge and analytical skills while adhering to sound engineering principles, standards, practices, and procedures.
⑨ Escalate issues as required acting as the liaison between the field and design teams to drive specific technical resolution and to help engineering identify and drive corrective actions as well as preventive measures.
⑩ Establish and maintain relationships with customers to make customer understand technical issues/requirements and address them in timely manner.
⑪ Lead and manage root cause analysis for technical issues.
⑫ Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
⑬ Prepare technical presentations for customers ensuring the timely communication of significant issues or developments.
⑭ Travel to customer locations to support customer technical review meetings.
⑮ To support unplanned/forced outages to meet availability goal.
⑯ To collaborate with technical proposal engineer for new business development by providing all necessary technical information and documentation.
⑰ Prepare technical specifications for vendors/suppliers for any local procurement of parts/components and to support procurement team for vendor qualifications.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
① Responsible as Generator Engineer at the planned inspections of Generators as and when required. Represent the company in front of the customers/vendors to build the brand image.
② Responsible to solve Customers problems (“end” Customer and “internal” Customer) when it is assigned by Engineering Manager.
③ To write and or revise Quality Management procedures when required.
④ Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
⑤ Customer-focused mind-set with proven ability to respond quickly to meet the customer needs.
⑥ Willing to work off hours and weekends to support emergency issue resolution.
⑦ Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites 50% time whenever required.
⑧ Ability to work autonomously, take lead in development of solutions, under pressure and with tight deadlines.
⑨ Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times
⑩ To know and implement the quality policy of MHPS-EU.
⑪ To write and/or revise Quality Management procedures as and when required.
⑫ Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures at all times.
⑬ Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties.
- ① Bachelor’s Degree or more in Mechanical/Electrical engineering is preferred with proven experience in Generator design, operation, repair, service, or installation and commissioning
- ② Proficient knowledge on design, operation and maintenance of generator mechanical components such as generator frame, key bars, spring bars, stator flange, end-winding support system, bearings and bearing housing, hydrogen seal rings, rotor axial fans, hydrogen coolers, hydrogen seals, retaining rings, centering rings, collector rings and brush gear, collector ring fan, etc.
- ③ Previous experience with rotating machines applications, preferably large generators.
- ④ Knowledge of gas turbine and steam turbine operation
- ⑤ Experience in developing and writing specifications and/or proposals.
- ⑥ Effective customer service skills and Strong organizational skills
- ⑦ Strong analytical and problem solving ability and adept at communicating with all levels of the organization.
- ⑧ Proficient technical report writing and communication skills.
⑨ Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team having people with different cultures and nationalities.
⑩ Good knowledge of MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
⑪ Fluency in business English, knowledge of Japanese would be an advantage but not essential.