SENIOR OIL & PRODUCTS ANALYST
We are currently recruiting a Senior Oil & Products Analyst that will be responsible for producing timely and accurate market analysis tailored to the needs of Eni internal customers and in co-operation with the other teams in charge of analysis of market fundamentals of other commodities like power, gas and LNG. Tasks may include regular and ad hoc market commentaries and presentations, analysis and flash reporting when required.
The Key responsibilities are:
- Analysing crude oil and products market data, understanding trends and providing regular assessments of in-house views of global commodity fundamentals and prices.
- Developing and maintaining a flow of proactive information exchange with colleagues in the analytics team and the oil and products trading desks, providing support and analysis in real time
- Suggesting trading strategies based on timely and accurate market analysis and reports.
- Proposing and discussing market analysis models with internal customers, leading their development and maintenance, and making sure they are technically sound and provide consistent results
- Assisting in determining and discussing with the internal customers key assumptions and methodologies in modelling the complex global Oil & Products markets.
- Defining ways to improve tools to structure analysis, information provider selection, data gathering and management with the aim to optimise them in terms of quality, efficiency of results and costs
Local employment contract on a permanent basis; competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and skill sets
- Innovative thinker, with strong analytical skills, ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Proactive team working attitude with understanding and respect of roles
- A strong ability to remain focused while working under pressure, good time management.
- Willingness to learn and gain in depth knowledge on product markets and ability to work with them; constantly strive to improve the analytical ability of the team.
- Flexible – Capability to deal with challenging deadlines.
- Motivated, show commitment and dedication for the role.
- A Preferably a degree in statistics, economics, finance, engineering
- Excellent knowledge of oil & products fundamentals and markets.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience of which at least 2-year experience in a fundamentals analytics role related to crude and/or refined products markets. Longer experience appreciated, also if in in other related roles like, but not limited to, other commodities analytics and/or trading assistant.
- Modelling experience (i.e. build and maintain complex refining models, develop queries, work with SQL, Python and Tableau).
- Fluent English required; ability to speak/write other languages appreciated
"Build the future of energy"