Senior Engineer (Offshore Wind)
DNV GL Energy, with more than 2,400 experts in over 30 countries around the world, delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support investors, project developers, generators, network operators, industrials, regulators and policy makers around the globe.
We have an opening for a Senior Engineer, Offshore Wind be based at DNV GL office in Shanghai. The Senior Engineer will report into the Head of Section and work within the Project Engineering & Project Development section.
- Feasibility and front-end engineering addressing:
- Support structures (WTG and OHVS)
- Construction scheduling analyses
- Offshore installation (WTG, structures, cable)
- Engineering support pre-construction and through design, fabrication and construction for clients / main contractors:
- Offshore Substructure Concept Design
- Preparation of Design Basis and Specifications
- Equipment review and specification
- Design/Drawing review
- Construction monitoring
- Support structure (WTG and OHVS) detailed design
- Due diligence for investors and lenders
- Client interfacing and relationship management
- Possess a Master degree or higher qualification in a structural or civil or relevant engineering discipline.
- Preferably a minimum of 5 years of experience in offshore wind (structure) engineering. Willing to consider candidates with less years of experience.
- Technical involvement in at least two different offshore wind projects
- Possess excellent project management, communication and problem solving skills and experience.
- Experience in the offshore wind sector in China or APAC region is of advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- High flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to travel.
- Good IT and MS Office skills
Join us and you will:
- Being part of a highly qualified professional team of committed and talented colleagues.
- Experience exciting challenges and a new way of thinking in the ever-changing energy world
- Work in a dynamic and international environment where diversity is valued
- Benefit from attractive and individual training and development opportunities
- Enjoy permanent employment with a competitive remuneration plan
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organizations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 13,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.