I&C Technical Adviser
I&C Technical Adviser
Closing Date: Tuesday 04 June 2019
This person will be responsible for I&C Field Service works under the leadership of the Field Service Manager. The position will be instrumental in building up the knowledge and competence of the team on oOEM technologies as well as Mitsubishi Gas Turbines, Generators and Steam Turbines.
- Lead the development of oOEM I&C Controls Capabilities within Field Services
- Commissioning, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of CCGT apparatus
- Plant modifications involving, instrumentation, control, and monitoring systems
- Work within outage team and under Outage Project Manager leadership to complete outage, quality and duration standards
- Work within the field service back up team and under Field Service Manager leadership to develop outage planning deliverables, I&C procedures, I&C quality plans, etc.
- Represent business as an expert of programming and software based PLC control systems.
- Proven related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience with the energy generation and preferable with general knowledge in Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines and Generators operation, power plant control logics or
- Very good knowledge of large frame Gas Turbines (Both oOEM and Mitsubishi)
- Hands-on type person as well as familiar with office environment
- Technical problem solver
- Computer knowledge and mastery of common software packages for office work. Experience working with Microsoft Projects software.
- Knowledge on oOEM C&I systems i.e. Teleperm XP, etc
- Interest in construction and service of Power Plants in particular Combined Cycle Power Plants (CCPP)
- Experience completing projects, working to project deadlines would be desirable.
- Some experience of working for a Japanese Company would be desirable but not essential
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team of people with different cultures and nationalities
- Good written and verbal communications skills both internally with colleagues and externally with clients and subcontractors would be essential
- Able and willing for up to 70% travel across EMENA and CIS regions.