Site Operation Integration Manager
The post holder is responsible for all aspects relating to the integration of the site operations logistics team within the Hinkley Point C project and its associated stakeholders. To include, but not be exhaustive of, development and optimisation of site logistics solutions to meet project needs.
The Site Operations Integration Manager will report to the Site Operations Programme Manager and will be responsible for direct line management of the Site Operations team. The Site Operations Programme Manager will retain responsibility for providing day to day tactical command of the logistics functions. The post holder will also be required to assist in managing the storage and movement of goods and equipment to/from/within the HPC construction sites. In turn they will engender a spirit of cooperation and a willingness to create efficient team working to achieve common goals.
The post holder must ensure early engagement with the site construction teams and contractors who are responsible for delivering the project and ensure that they are fully aware of all logistics activities required to support the build program.
Nature and Scope
Site operations activities tend to be dynamic and fast paced, with only key deliverables appearing on an integrated work schedule. This is due to the emerging nature of unplanned works that are created within service areas such as; transport, bussing, catering, facilities management and utilities provision – when a breakdown or system failure will often require immediate attention. The ability to re-prioritise and restore service provision is a key deliverable in those circumstances.
Framework & Boundaries
Site Operations is a stand-alone Multi-Disciplinary Team [MDT], that brings together Logistical and Business Support functions that due to the scope and complexity of the services it provides must fully integrate with all contractors and all other site based MDT’s and all Associated Developments. It must remain cognisant of the drive to engage with the local supply chain, and remain aligned with Pre-Construction Planning strategy and philosophy.
- Analyse the data provided by direct reports to ensure compliance with NNB targets and local authority obligations
- Oversee Business Contingency plans and work with other departments to implement as required
- Oversee the integration of all the HPC logistics functions with the Site Operation’s programme by promoting an innovative culture that will assist in performance and productivity improvements across all these services
- Support the planning and delivery of the site set-up. Allowing for the safe movement of labour, plant, and materials around site efficiently (e.g., site accommodation, cranes, hoists, security, temporary services, material delivery and waste management strategy, catering)
- Support the planning and implementation of internal and external logistics routes throughout the project phases; focusing on separation of vehicles, machinery and people including lay down areas & off-loading points
- Establish and subsequently implement Key Performance Indicators and a suitable reporting regime for all services within Site Operations
- Ensuring the integration of site operations activities to maintain compliance with Site Licence conditions
- Financial management with respect to Site Operations (Logistics) budgets
- Management of day to day integration issues
- Up to 7 direct reports within the team operating across the logistics functions
Manage the relationships of the circa 21 sub-contractors supporting Site Operations programme
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Degree standard education in related subject
- Experience of working with and developing budgets
- Management Experience within a large project or other industrial plant environment
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment
- Long term perspective. Ability to establish a vision and develop/implement strategy to attain it. Willingness to learn from both successes and failures
- Proven track record of delivery within a large project environment and/or logistics function that has led to performance improvement e.g. cost reduction, process/service enhancements, innovation, winning work etc.
- Personal commitment to promoting a sustainable approach to logistics procurement and supply chain development.
- Excellent communication skills that: build empathy and support internally, and engagement to external stakeholders.
- Intellectual capacity to deal with complex logistics issues - a big picture view- to implement logistics and supply chain vision, strategy and priorities.
- Has completed a recognised Safety Programme: including a qualified and up to date IOSH accreditation.