Specialist- Training Operations II
Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world's energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
Office Physical Requirements:
Primary Job Functions:
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in training and development
- Experience with Multi National Company (MNC) is a plus.
- Preferably with 4-year Bachelor Degree in Technical Discipline or related field
- Demonstrate First Solar Values and Behaviors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and Strong presentation skills
- Possess skills to lead and manage projects, which require candidates to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to analyze and exercise judgment in problem solving to deliver to commitment.
- Excellent ability to interact with all levels of associates and management throughout the organization to achieve outstanding results
- Experience and proficiency with software applications: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, MS project)
- Knowledge in TNA
- Acquire trainer certification
- Design, develop and deliver training programs to ensure curricula meeting the gap addressed. i.e. management development program, on boarding, operation training, supervisory development.
- Working with other stakeholders in designing suitable training interventions for all level of manufacturing associates.
- Conduct Training Need Analysis (TNA) in order to formulate the required development interventions.
- Managing the delivery of training and development programs and, in a practical role, devising a training strategy for the entire organization.
- Responsible for certification/decertification/recertification processes for operations and ensure that all documentations are updated timely as according to ISO requirement.
- Co-own with shift managers / relevant department or functional supervisors in all plants and to ensure new associate are adequately trained, certified and competence before release to perform operation task.
- Deliver required operation changes training to associates i.e.; Work Instruction (WI) changes, One Point Lessons (OPL), Best Known Method (BKM)
- Assess operation associates skills based on the qualified certification criteria i.e.; FS Training Guide.
- Provide coaching and training to Peer Trainers to ensure effective training delivered to the operation associates.
- Execute training as per plan and feedback / report to respective Supervisor / SMs and Training Lead for continuous improvements.
- Revise programs as necessary, in order to adapt to changes in the FS work environment.
- Helping line managers and trainers solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups.
- Recommends potential candidates for cross training to enable an agile and skilled workforce.
- Analyze training data and prepare reports to reflect training program effectiveness.
- Provide feedback for continuous improvements of associates skillsets
- Support in delivering key Operations Training Program (eg. PACE and other related development programs) to the operation associates.
- Keeping up to date with developments by reading relevant journals, attending meeting and courses.
- Understanding of e-learning techniques, creation and/or delivery or e-learning package.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- No direct reports
- No regular travel is required outside First Solar global work site.
- Able to perform normal physical movements (e.g. standing & sitting for a long period, lifting, carrying and climbing) according to EHS ergonomic guidelines.
- Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to 12 hours per day. Will climb stairs on an occasional basis.
- Will lift up to 23 kg on an occasional basis, according to Minister of Health guidelines
- Will lift up to 17 kg on a frequent basis, according to Minister of Health guidelines
- Will push or pull up to 13 kg of force on an occasional basis.
- Will push or pull up to 5 kg of force on a frequent basis.
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis.
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis.
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis.
- 20/40 vision in each eye (with or without correction) and the ability to distinguish between red, yellow and green is required.
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards).
- All associates working on the production floor may be required to wear a respirator at any given time and thus, the ability to wear a respirator is a condition of employment and continued employment (requires little or no facial hair).
Office Physical Requirements:
- All positions in our office require interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers, internal and external, all associates must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation. First Solar is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable jurisdictional laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of applicable disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.