Senior Submarine Pipeline Engineer
Job position: Senior Submarine Pipeline Engineer (Job Ref 20190325SUBPIPLF)
Workplace: Lang Fang
Key Responsibilities and Duties,
- Contribute to tender preparation and development of fit-for-purpose competitive proposals.
- Participate in the execution engineering activities, typically including screening and comparative analysis of alternative solutions, pipeline engineering activities such as routing and layouts, on-bottom stability, sizing, in-place analyses (on-bottom roughness, free span, in-service buckling, trawl gear interaction, expansion), riser and spool design, PLEM structure design, MTOs, etc.
- Contribute to know-how development/retention, including development of discipline tools/procedures and transfer of lessons learnt.
- Attend meetings with Client (e.g. design reviews, presentation of study results, presentation of tendering, etc.).
- Must have a Degree qualification in a relevant discipline (Ideally in Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Naval Engineering and offshore engineering.)
- Formal education and qualification which is represented on Formal CV (Curriculum Vitae).
- Has minimum 10 (ten) years' experience in oil and gas or petrochemical industry.
- Need to provide list of past projects and your position and responsibilities on each project.
- Must have served as the leader of at least three projects.
- Familiar with industry standards including ASME B31.3, B31,4, B31.8, DNV-ST-F101, OCIMF, DNV-OS-E403. etc
- Must have experience of developing at offshore pipeline detail design phase.
- Must have experience of tendering.
- Should have experience of routing and layouts, submarine pipeline stability, sizing, in-place analyses (on-bottom roughness, free span, in-service buckling, trawl gear interaction, expansion), riser and spool design, MTOs, etc.
- Has excellent knowledge with offshore pipeline survey methodology and environmental data collection related to specific need of the project including geophysical arid geotechnical data requirement.
- Has excellent knowledge in all technical aspect on pipeline installation method, pipeline seabed intervention, shore approach and laying vessel selection.
- Has ability in quality management, schedule. and man-hour control of the engineering work from engineering through mechanical completion and operational acceptance with a high level of quality
- Has a good medical record.
- Must master fluently speaking and writing English & Mandarin.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.