Controls and Umbilical Engineer
Airswift are currently seeking a senior subsea controls and umbilical engineer working for a leading specialist EPC in Paris. The position is working on an 8 month (extendable) contract and you would be working closely with the client (a Super Major).
The job skills required comprise among others:
· Provide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice.
· Plan, detail and review technical documentation relating to topside and subsea controls systems, instrumentation and umbilicals.
· Undertake, and check others', analysis, design and engineering activities associated with Master Control Station, SCM, Control Systems, Umbilicals, Cables etc specification, fabrication, testing and installation.
· Manage provision of deliverables such as calculations/definition for umbilical core design (hydraulic/electrical), determination of interfaces between MCS/SCS/valves/instrumentation, medium voltage power distribution, single and 3-phase Distribution Systems and Switchgear, etc.
· Ensure design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API, DnV, ISO); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
· Train / mentor more junior engineers.
Required experience / qualifications;
· Ability to lead and function within a design team and across multiple projects.
· Experience in working in a multi-disciplined systems engineering team
· Manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers.
· Manage change control within own remit on a project. Inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
If the position sounds of interest and you would like to see more information, please apply below.
**Please note - ALL applicants MUST have eligibility to work in the EU without sponsorship**