Electrical Technician (Construction)
WorleyParsons is currently recruiting for Offshore Construction Electrical Technicians for an adhoc trip.
We are looking for highly skilled candidates to join our offshore team.
Key elements of this role will be to deliver a high quality, consistent and competent Electrical Construction Technician service in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures.
Job Title: Construction Electrical Technician
Ref No: 14036
Project/Client : CNOOC - Scott
Start Date : 06/05/2019
Key aims and objectives:
- Installation, Isolation, reinstatement and associated construction testing of electrical equipment in NON-HAZARDOUS and HAZARDOUS areas.
- Inspection and completion of applicable certification / documentation as required including red-lining of drawings to reflect 'as-built' status.
- Inspection of electrical installations / equipment and completion of associated certification of permitted workscope completed by NON-COMPEX Electricians within a hazardous area.
- Read, understand and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that all works associated with the role of Electrical Technician is completed safely and to a high standard.
- Complete all workscope in accordance with applicable workpack / jobcard instructions, associated procedures and drawings / sketches.
- Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
- Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete workscope in a controlled and safe manner .
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete workscope in a safe and controlled manner.
Qualifications & certification
- Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship (Older apprenticeships will be indentured and normally include a C&G qualification)
- SJIB (Scotland) / JIB (England)
- COMPEX (Mandatory for this role)
- IEE Current Edition
- HNC in Electrical Engineering (post 2009 apprenticeship)
Ideally, candidates will also have the following experience:
- Demonstrable experience post electrical apprenticeship/training with current relative experience in all aspects of electrical installation, isolation, reinstatement and testing associated with construction electrical workscope in Hazardous and Non-Hazardous areas.
- Ability to demonstrate good understanding of risks associated with working in Hazardous areas
- Can demonstrate a high standard in completion of tasks associated with the role of Electrical Construction Technician as defined in associated job specification
- Can demonstrate ability to read/understand and implement procedures/specifications/drawings/sketches/etc, including the mark up of technical drawings to reflect 'red-line' status.