WorleyParsons are recruiting a HSEQ Director on a permanent basis to be based in Aberdeen.
- To assist the business to deliver successful HSE and Quality outcomes on projects, foster a positive assurance culture and provide guidance and subject matter expertise.
- To work closely alongside and support location and associated project management teams and the global assurance community.
Leadership and Commitment -
- Facilitate and lead senior leadership to continually improve organisational culture to improve HSE & Q performance which is class leading and embraced by all employees by proactively promoting HSE & Quality
- Setting strategy, priorities, plans and responsibilities to deliver the UKIS and functional vision
- Coach, influence, motivate and empower others with regards to HSE and the achievement of Zero Harm.
- Lead by example on sharing and learning across the projects and the global business
- Look for future challenges and opportunities and create innovation ideas to drive continual improvement to performance
- Take a leadership role within the location businesses and seek out and elevate any areas of exposure for both the business and for individuals. Participate in operational meetings, including Monthly Project Reviews.
- Assist with customer relationships and demonstration of the WorleyParsons value add in assurance. Be proactive in engaging with customers to ensure that customer assurance expectations and requirements are met. Build and maintain relationships with customer operations and assurance personnel.
- Support pursuit efforts and assist with development of proposals, and where applicable delivery of pitch presentations, for regional/ business line must win opportunities.
Project and Contract Performance -
- Provide support, advice and oversight for the successful set up and mobilisation of contract and projects in the region.
- Intervene and troubleshoot on projects where performance indicates this is required, or as requested by regional/ business line leadership. Help build and deploy intervention plans and provide short-term 'hands on' support for projects and allocate resourcing as needed.
- Facilitate implementation of assurance processes and tools by actively visiting work locations and sites to assess the risk and effectiveness of assurance practices in place. This includes conducting regular SAZ conversations, assurance leadership interactions, assurance talks, training sessions, implementation of assurance measures, promotion of safe work practices and ensuring interest & awareness of assurance is maintained at all levels.
Organisation, Responsibilities, Resources and Requirements -
- In conjunction with the appropriate management assist with the identification and appointment of key project HSE and Quality resources to ensure the business is adequately resourced.
- Ensure competent and fit for purpose HSE & Q personnel are appointed that can meet the requirements of the project, contract and customer expectations.
- Build and sustain HSEQ capability and capacity tailored to business needs.
- Lead the development of personnel and provide coaching and mentoring to encourage professional growth.
- Ensure HSE&Q personnel within your jurisdiction have an indication of future opportunities. Communicate with Business Partners to identify any possible opportunities.
- Support the implementation of new company systems and processes.
Risk Management -
- Monitor the effectiveness of HSE risk management activities within the projects and contracts, particularly for any significant changes or major decisions, and provide advice and support.
- Develop, support and monitor the UKIS annual risk-based assurance plan. Have an oversight of project and contracts assurance plans. Ensure assessors are of suitable competency and experience and draw on subject matter experts from operations and other functions to encourage cross-business assessing.
- Monitor legislative compliance in the UKIS including projects and contracts.
- Support any interface needs with R3 Regional Directors on crisis avoidance planning, security and emergency management and business continuity. Support R3 planning, preparation, drills and other activities as required.
Planning, Procedures and Checking -
- Participate in start-up reviews that are held for all large, high risk and strategically important projects.
- Promote use of self-assessment and surveillance tools within support functions, offices and projects.
- Monitor and review the UKIS HSE & Q processes, procedures, forms and documents for suitability, compliance and opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure bespoke reporting and analysis efforts are minimised to critical external needs and internal direction of action. Take responsibility to check the accuracy and completeness of data reported.
- Benchmark and gather data on HSEQ performance and the effectiveness of existing tools and processes for evaluation and improvement.
Implementation Monitoring and Corrective Action -
- Ensure compliance against ISO9001, OSHAS 18001 & ISO 14001 in the UKIS
- Attend regional/ business line leadership meetings, and location operational meetings as required to motivate prioritised action.
- Coordinate UKIS Incident Review Boards and ensure sharing and learning across the business.
- Lead quarterly management reviews and other governance activities as required.
- Check for effective implementation of non-conformance, corrective action, and preventive action management processes.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators and ensure that assessment activities add value and support continuous improvement.
- Engage leadership in corporate responsibility (CR) and diversity and inclusion (D&I) and represent the interests of appointed CR and D&I champions. Participate in Group-wide (Corporate) Assurance leadership meetings and activities. Promote consistency across the business and co-operation across regions and business lines. Steward strategy and improvement measures and cascade as appropriate.
Audit and Management Review -
- Ensure appropriate audits of HSE & Q management are conducted across the UKIS business and communicate results effectively.
- Lead quarterly management reviews at the UKIS LT and ensure key people are aware of their associated roles and responsibilities.
- Collaborate globally to share best practice, lessons learnt and improve knowledge management. Contribute to the success of relevant internal and external networks. Participate as needed in global and cross regional/ business line project assurance activities.
- Lead HSE & Q matters by example and provide leadership, feedback and assistance to others. Role model a commitment to quality, personal wellbeing and a proactive approach to continuously striving for zero harm.
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of HSE and assurance business and project processes and field practices
- Experience with project delivery procedures and processes
- Understanding of commercial and strategic business drivers
- Strong stakeholder management and leadership skills
- Good presentation, training and communication skills to both internal and external stakeholders
- Skilled in workshop facilitation, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Strong time management skills including ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
Ability to maintain confidential information:
- 10+ years of either HSE or Quality experience, with minimum of 5 years working in a management capacity
- 5+ years of industry relevant experience including in a site based project HSE or Quality role on large or complex projects involving procurement and contractor management
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- A recognised degree and relevant accredited qualification/experience
- Training accreditation preferred
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world's best health, safety, and environmental performance.
- Exhibit leadership and commitment to meet the WorleyParsons vision of Zero harm
- Understand and champion the expectations of OneWay™
- Advanced user in MS Office applications and MS SharePoint 2013
- Knowledge of systems (assurance systems)
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Deliver quality services and demonstrate a commitment to understand and meet customer needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effectively manages and resolves conflict between individuals and/or groups. Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
- Proactive and able to negotiate successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and have the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Ability to apply analytical skills, intelligence and knowledge to problem solving or meet deadlines, and able to ask for assistance if required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Excellent management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
- Act in the best interests of WorleyParsons at all times.
- Travel as required, including travel related to projects and to support other WorleyParsons offices
Authority / Freedom To Act / Decision Making (Including Budgetary Responsibility):
Extent of Guidance or Control -
- Broad permission to act and make decisions within the agree location budgetary guidelines as
- Authority is also given to cease unsafe work.
Impact of Decisions on Results -
- Decisions directly impact assurance outcomes on projects and assist pursuit efforts
Position Significance Relative to Total Organisation -
- Position part of location leadership teams