Electrical Technician (Construction)
WorleyParsons are recruiting a Electrical Construction Technician for our Conoco Phillips CNS Project to work on the Judy Barge.
Job Title: Electrical Construction Technician
Duration: 1 Trip
- To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent Electrical Construction Technician service in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures
- To support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
- To ensure that all workscope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or environment
- To perform all required discipline tasks, safely, consistently and in accordance with project requirements, procedures and specifications.
- Installation, Isolation, reinstatement and associated construction testing of electrical equipment in NON-HAZARDOUS and HAZARDOUS areas.
- Inspection and completion of applicable certification / documentation as required including red-lining of drawings to reflect 'as-built' status.
- Inspection of electrical installations / equipment and completion of associated certification of permitted workscope completed by NON-COMPEX Electricians within a hazardous area.
- Read, understand and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that all works associated with the role of Electrical Technician is completed safely and to a high standard.
- Complete all workscope in accordance with applicable workpack / jobcard instructions, associated procedures and drawings / sketches.
- Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
- Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete workscope in a controlled and safe manner .
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete workscope in a safe and controlled manner.
Required qualifications / certification:
- Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship (Older apprenticeships will be indentured and normally include a C&G qualification)
- More recent apprenticeships or training routes can result in the following awards (not all)
- Technical qualification with applicable electrical background - City and Guilds / BTec/NC/ NVQ Level 3 in electrical instrallation / SJIB (Scotland) / JIB (England)
- AM2 - Applicable for those in England who have achieved an Electrical Qualification through the adult entry site assessment route. Checks should be made to ensure AM2 has been achieved.
- BOSIET/Approved Offshore Medical
- COMPEX (Mandatory for this role)
- WorleyParsons mandatory training, induction, risk awareness, etc.
- ONC/HNC in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- IEE Current Edition
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
- Demonstrable commitment to working safely at all times.
- Flexible - able to comply with company and project requirements.
- Ability to work with other team members / disciplines and in a multi-cultural environment.
- Confident and with the ability to work unsupervised working on own initiative.
- Has a desire to learn and develop within the role.