Senior Instrument Engineer
WorleyParons is currently recruiting a Senior Instrument Engineer based in Aberdeen for 9 months.
- Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance.
- Carry out work in accordance with WorleyParsons and project Healthy, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems.
- Maintain the required technical quality or workIdentify scope and schedule changes in accordance with Change Control Process.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures, standards and regulations.
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule.
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline.
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review.
- Maintain good communication with the Client and visit Assets when necessary.
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
- Experienced engineer with sound technical background and expertise.
- Experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation.
- Experienced in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline.
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs.
- Familiar with and competent in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting.
- Aware of commercial, contractual and administrative aspects of engineering.
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work.
- Able to work with other disciplines and draughting sections to meet delivery dates.
- Experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work.
- Competent in design safety / environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities for both self and subordinates
- Capable of generating a co-operative team based culture for groups under his control.
- Able to take a lead in motivation, training, and ongoing education of subordinates.
- Able to supervise and technically direct a small single discipline team of engineers and designers
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.