Pressure Vessel/Mechanical CAD Designer
We are looking for a Pressure Vessel/Mechanical CAD Designer to work in Surrey on a contract basis.
Preparation of detailed Process Plant Pressure Vessel fabrication drawings following industry codes and company design standards.
Associated document management and issue of drawings to the company's manufacturing shop.
- HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Cryogenic Air separation plant design is very welcome but not a must
- Experience in the use of Bentley MicroStation V8i.
- Other CAD experience may be considered.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of a wide range of pressurised equipment including materials, fabrication processes and design methods.
- Experience in the Oil and Gas or Process Industries would be beneficial.
- Familiar with the engineering organisation, function of each discipline and how they interact.
- Awareness of pressure vessel design codes - ASME
- Must be conscientious, innovative, self-motivating.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work with a minimum amount of supervision.
- An enthusiastic individual with a sound Mechanical Engineering background.
- Ability to organise and plan work to use time efficiently and meet schedule requirements and budget.
- Good PC skills, familiar with Microsoft Office tools.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.