Safety Trainer (Saudi National)
Requisition ID: 216395
Location: Jubail, Saudi Arabia
The ESH Trainer reports to the ESH Training Lead & Project ESH Manager. Provide tailored safety training to client, Bechtel and contractor staff. Provide technical ESH support to construction department and client contractors.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives direction from the ESH Training Lead.
- Receives functional direction from Project ESH Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
- May provide technical oversight and direction to client's contractors and subcontractors.
Works closely with the ESH Training Lead and Deputy Project ESH Manager to:
- Maintain relationships with internal organizations (e.g., engineering, construction, and subcontracts), customer, and contractor/subcontractor representatives to coordinate safety training courses and safety training requirements.
- Maintain contact with other safety personnel to keep them informed of changing requirements and to provide technical assistance as needed.
- Maintain contact with customers to exchange information on safety issues, technical advances, and new technologies
- Co-coordinate, implement and administer safety training programs.
- Produce training presentations aimed at all levels within client, Bechtel and client contractors organizations
- Maintain a comprehensive training records system.
- Provide training that is compliant with Bechtel & Client Standards and requirements
- Provide coaching to content presenters (i.e. train-the-trainer) to ensure content is effectively presented.
- Carry out site inspections as & when required. Coordinates appropriate consideration of safety requirements with subcontracts, engineering, and construction personnel as assigned.
- Participates in meetings with customers, project team members, and contractors/subcontractors to advise them of safety training requirements.
- Prepare project ES&H training reports for approval by ESH Training Lead.
- Other duties as the ESH Training Lead and Project ES&H Manager directs
Essential (Pass/Fail Criteria)
- BA/BS degree from a recognized college or university in a subject relevant to Management of ESH, construction or engineering.
- Minimum 8 years' experience for BS and 5 years' for MS degree holder with experience in construction industry and/or prior extensive work experience in related fields leading to a thorough understanding of the role requirements as listed.
- At least 3 years work experience in training of health and safety activities in a construction environment.
- Demonstrate experience in delivering training in a construction environment.
- Experienced and demonstrated ability to conduct training courses using classroom techniques and standard or improvised teaching aids.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills to explain ESH related work processes and standards to all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills to explain ESH related work processes and standards to contractors.
- NEBOSH / International General Certification preferred (or similar internal recognized ESH certification).
- 5+ years' experience in the construction industry and/or prior extensive work experience in related fields leading to a thorough understanding of the role requirements.
- Implementation and maintenance of ESH Management Systems in line with OHSAS:18001 / ISO:45001.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction systems, methods, and work processes.
- Experience in safety inspections / assessments during construction.
- Knowledge of People Based Safety (behavioral safety) processes and procedures.
- Ability to deliver training presentations aimed at all levels within client, Bechtel and client contractors organizations (including practical construction safety activities and short task specific classroom based ESH related courses).
- Knowledge of hazardous materials and physical risk exposures and Personal Protective Equipment standards.
- Knowledge of national and international safety laws / regulations and regulatory agencies' processes and responsibilities, industry standards / practices for safety and health compliance.
- Significant experience working with construction contractors to ensure related ESH standards are understood and complied with.
- Thorough knowledge of the use and applications of Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated individual with good leadership skills and experience and the ability to influence without authority.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing needs and work to deadlines.
- Ability to manage priorities and take on additional evolving responsibilities with demonstrated experience providing direction/supervision of others.
- Ability to work within an integrated RC/Bechtel team at multiple levels from site worker level to Project Manager level
- Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders to make critical decisions where required.
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse organization, recognizing and respecting differences
- Able to communicate effectively when delivering presentations to diverse groups from senior managers to workers in the field, cognizant of the different learning abilities to ensure key messages are effectively received.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.