Operations Accountant- Audit & Reporting
Paragon GE are looking for an Operations Accountant- Audit & Reporting, for a staff rotational position with an Operator in Iraq. The role will focus on cost recovery audit, government reports, tax returns and the ideal candidate will have an accounting background. Exposure to working in a camp-based role is a must.
Position Title: Operations Accountant – Audit & Reporting
Residential or Rotational: 10x3 rotation
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: Up to $4000 per month basic salary, plus flights, medical insurance, accommodation at site, food, and etc.
Location: Kirkuk, Iraq
- The role will focus on cost recovery audit, government reports, tax returns and the ideal candidate will have an accounting background.
- The requirement is for an organised candidate with knowledge of audit, tax involvement, budget and presentation skills.
- The successful candidate will interact with the Senior team and deal with numerous people in the role of Operations Accountant.
- Collating government and contract compliance reports under Development & Production Service contracts on a quarterly, half yearly and annual basis ensuring reporting commitments are satisfied.
- Co-ordination, collation and delivery of various management and government reporting packs
- The Operations Accountant will assist in preparing budget and forecast presentation materials for use by management. Packaging information into visually neat presentation format requiring conversion of financial information into graphical formats and messages
- Review and document internal controls to ensure compliance with policies and standards
- Support annual group year-end audit and ad-hoc Joint Venture, cost recovery and tax audits
- Working with other teams and disciplines to coordinate budget/ forecast/ reporting inputs, requiring the ability to build relationships, achieve challenging deadlines and timelines
- The Operations Accountant will assist with preparation and filing of withholding tax, annual tax returns and monthly payroll tax returns
- Assist with preparation of external regulatory reporting & other ad-hoc duties
Month end duties including:
- Preparing bank reconciliations and inter-company confirmations
- Calculation, preparation & input of journal entries
- Update financial models on a monthly basis
- Running of the financial reports and exception reports to ensure system controls are being adhered to
- Maintain accurate and complete supporting documentation for all the above
- Highly organised, detail orientated with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Economics/ accounting/ business degree desirable
- Familiarity with oil production service/sharing contracts - highly desirable
- 5+ years’ experience as an Operations Accountant and audits
- Qualified/Part-qualified CIMA/ACCA/Other or QBE
- The Operations Accountant will provide strong numerical skills which will be tested at interview stage
- Advanced IT skills with a demonstrable aptitude for accounting systems preferably SAP, Excel and Powerpoint and a keen interest in developing Financial analysis skills as it relates to the budgeting and forecasting process