Roofer - Solar Panel Installation. 12 Month Contract
Roofer - Solar Panel Installation. 12 Month Contract. Location: Midlands UK. Day rate: (£120 - £170 per day) £30,000 - £40,000 per year!
Green Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking Roofers to join a well-established renewable energy contractor that is overloaded with Solar PV installation projects - boasting an order book of installations already booked for the next two years ahead! This is a great opportunity for a Contractor seeking long term stability with the flexibility and commercial benefit that a contract role presents.
The first project starts in the next week and will be in the West Midlands, followed by the next in the East Midlands, followed by a project near Manchester and so on. For the right person, with the right attitude and the right skills, along with the flexibility to live away from home for the project duration; there will be a lot of work ahead, spanning well over the initial 12 months.
The workload consists largely of Residential Solar PV installations with some Commercial projects, on various types of buildings and roof types.
Typical duties will include:
- Roof-mounted PV installations
- Installing mounting brackets, rails, and panels on pitched & flat roofs
- Running cables, trunking, conduit, and cable trays
- Working at height
- Manual handling
The Ideal Candidate:
- A freelancer/ self-employed Roofer with residential or commercial roofing experience
- Good practical skills in the use of hand and power tools
- H&S awareness, working at height, CSCS card all beneficial
- Organised and able to follow job details and plan own workload
- Able to work to deadlines
- Able to work unsupervised using your own initiative
- Trust-worthy, reliable and takes pride in their work
- Keen to learn and develop new skills
- Able to communicate well with customers
- Able to communicate well both verbally and on the phone
- Approachable and a team player
- Armed with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- A car owner with a valid UK drivers licence and able to travel/ work away from home (initially Midlands followed by Manchester)
- You own your own tools
- Able to start work within a short timescale
Experience in installing solar PV would be beneficial, although training can & will be provided.
Overall, there are 15 positions to fill, comprising of Electricians and Roofers (5x Electricians + 10 Roofers). Ready-made teams will be most welcome.
After the initial 12-month contract completes, it is likely for the contract to be renewed, or a permanent role being offered.
INTERVIEWS ARE STARTING THIS WEEK!
This is another great opportunity provided by Green Recruitment Solutions, the leading recruitment specialists within the green industries. A consultant will be in contact should your application be taken further. If you have not heard back from us within two weeks, then, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful in your application.