Electrician - Solar Panel Installation. 12 Month Contract
Electrician - Solar Panel Installation. 12 Month Contract. Location: Midlands UK. Day rate: (£120 - £180 per day) Around £40,000+!
Green Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking an Electrician with Solar PV installation experience to join a well-established renewable energy contractor that is overloaded with projects - boasting an order book of installations already booked for the next two years ahead! This is a great opportunity for a Contractor seeking long term stability with the flexibility and commercial benefit that a contract role presents.
The first project starts in just over 1 week will be in the West Midlands, followed by the next in the East Midlands, followed by a project near Manchester and so on. For the right person, with the right attitude and the right skills, along with the flexibility to live away from home for the project duration; there will be a lot of work ahead, spanning well over the initial 12 months.
The workload consists largely of Residential Solar PV installations with some Commercial projects.
Typical duties will include:
- Electrical installation of solar PV systems, including DC work and 3 phase
- Roof-mounted PV installations
- Running cables, trunking, conduit and cable trays
- Working at height
- Manual handling
The Ideal Candidate:
- A freelancer/ self-employed contractor
- A qualified electrician (17th Edition)
- Able to work to deadlines
- H&S awareness, working at height, CSCS card all beneficial
- Solar PV experience is not essential as training can be provided
- A self-motivated team player with a good work ethic and is 100% reliable
- Armed with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Able to work unsupervised using your own initiative
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise professionally with
- A car owner with a valid UK drivers’ license and able to travel/ work away from home (initially Midlands followed by Manchester)
- You own your own tools
- Able to start work within a short timescale
The successful candidate will be expected to complete various on-site paperwork such as electrical installation condition reports, minor works certificates, short form risk assessments, job sheets, time sheets and any other relevant paperwork.
2 residential installations are expected per day, with a day rate paid out whether the install takes 2 hours or 9, for a minimum of 5 days per week.
At the same time, we are also seeking Roofers in support as we need to build a team of 15 comprising of smaller teams of 3 (1x Electrician + 1 or 2 Roofers per job depending on the site)
This is another great opportunity provided by Green Recruitment Solutions, the leading recruitment specialists within the green industries. A consultant will be in contact should your application be taken further. If you have not heard back from us within two weeks, then, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful in your application.