Technical Governance Manager - Smartv
Are you looking for a role which allows you to further develop your Client and Stakeholder management skills, whilst developing detailed technical knowledge in the Smart Energy sector? If so, then we would like to hear from you.
Over the past few years, Gemserv has experienced significant growth due to winning new contracts and securing contract extensions with our existing clients. As a result, we are expanding and looking to employ a Client Delivery Manager within our Smart Energy team.
The Smart Energy Code (SEC) underpins the smart meter rollout programme in Great Britain, and Gemserv provides the SEC Administrator and Secretariat (SECAS) service, so, if you enjoy working on a high-profile account in a challenging and ground-breaking sector, this is the place for you.
As Technical Operations Manager you and your team will be responsible for managing technical issues affecting operations under the SEC. This currently includes:
- influencing technical requirements and solutions for modifications impacting the smart metering infrastructure;
- working with industry and the DCC to resolve issues impacting data quality;
- influencing the scope of release testing and assessing completion of testing with industry and the DCC;
- planning, and by end 2019, being responsible for resolution of detailed technical issues from BEIS.
You will work with the SEC Panel – the SEC’s key decision -making body - and the Independent Chairs of the Panel’s technical sub-committees to ensure obligations and delegated activities are met and delivered. This will involve:
- shaping the discussions and providing thought leadership within those groups;
- leading projects carried out by the Technical Operations team; and
- liaising with the Data Communications Company (DCC), the Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), and Ofgem on the technical aspects of the SEC and representing those views at industry governance and DCC run forums.
You will manage a small team of consultants and analysts providing technical leadership, carrying out the day to day work of the team, maintaining the Technical and Business Architecture, monitoring SEC processes, and supporting SEC releases. Your key relationships will be with:
- Testing Advisory Group (TAG) – which supports the SEC Panel on all matters relating to DCC system testing. You will be expected to chair this committee;
- Technical and Business Architecture Sub Committee (TABASC), which is responsible for matters relating to the overarching Technical and Business Architectures underpinning the SEC; and
- Operations Group (OPSG), which is responsible for matters relating to the ongoing operation and performance of the DCC and its Users.
We are looking for a self-starter who will not just follow, but who will drive the agenda moving forward, as we support the industry in navigating its way through the complexity of the smart meter rollout.
Building and maintaining strong relationships with the Independent Chairs of the SEC Panel sub-committees;
- Liaising with industry stakeholders, and attendance of industry governance forums;
- Working with the SEC Panel and Panel Sub-Committees and industry parties on technical matters relating to the SEC;
- Supporting the maintenance of SEC Technical Specifications and the Technical and Business Architecture documents and models;
- Managing the performance and development of a small team; and
- Continuous improvement of the products, techniques and procedures used.
The successful candidate will ideally have a background in the energy industry, and/or smart metering.
In addition, they must:
- understand the technical architecture underpinning GB smart metering;
- have sufficient understanding of smart metering operations to influence discussion regarding design, operational and technical issues;
- have proven management experience, and be able to shape, lead and develop a team;
- have the skills, knowledge and technical confidence to work with industry stakeholders, committees and chairs as peers;
- have excellent planning and organisational abilities;
- have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand and communicate complex issues and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- strive for excellence in their work and that of others, able to deliver high quality work, being methodical, diligent and paying attention to the detail;
- be a fast learner, able to assimilate and understand new information and subject areas in a short space of time and pick up new processes and ways of working quickly;
- be proactive and driven, able to challenge the status quo;
- be passionate about delivering an exceptional service to stakeholders;
- be a team player, with good team interaction and interpersonal skills, working towards a shared vision for the future; and
- be degree educated or have equivalent professional experience.
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us.