Planning and Scheduling Engineer
Our client, one of the largest refining and petrochemical companies in the world, is seeking someone for a Planning and Scheduling Engineer position to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX.
The Planning and Scheduling Engineer (PE) is responsible for the Project Schedule and all aspects of the Progress Measurement System. This includes day-to-day activities for the development, maintaining, monitoring, controlling and integrating of the overall Project schedule including putting in place the progress measurement system, verification and reporting.
- Supporting the Project Team with ongoing project schedule analysis, reporting, and forecasting activities
- Develop and document Schedules annual and multi-year, and ensuring that these products reflect the approved project design/execution scope
- Analyze schedule trends, develop and review schedule forecasts
- Monitor and report on schedule implications of changes
- Prepares and compiles weekly and monthly Reports (schedule & progress) as required.
- Participate in developing Contract Control Schedules and Milestones
- Participate in contract bid evaluations (as required)
- Responds to ad hoc requests from Project Management Team (PMT) related to Project Controls/Reporting
- Participates in gathering and recording Lessons Learned for the project that relate to progress and schedule areas
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Construction Management
- 7-10 years of project controls experience focused on planning and schedule control
- Willing to work overseas in a team environment
- Willing to relocate to required project site
- Strong analytical and computing skills, focused on Microsoft Excel and P6
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to multitask and respond quickly to urgent analysis requests
- Be able to work independently and efficiently with minimal direction