Instrumentation and Automation Maintenance Lead
Paragon GE are looking for an Instrumentation and Automation Maintenance Lead for a staff position with an international E&P company in Gabon. The position is residential with family status if required.
Position Title: Instrumentation and Automation Maintenance Lead
Residential or Rotational: Residential
Staff or Contractor: Staff
Expected package: Expat package including accommodation and schooling
Scope of work
Job Purpose & Mission
- Manage base method instrumentation and automation team
- Act as technical authority for instrumentation and automation discipline
- Support site maintenance activities when required
- Plan the base method activities and support tasks
- Weekly follow-up meeting with team and report
- Ensure that spare parts stock is properly sized and available for each site/equipment
- Issue/review functional and safety maintenance procedure for instrumentation/automation systems when required.
- Ensure safety critical functional test are properly defined and performed on each site
- Analyse/manage obsolescence and plan mitigation when required.
- Review PM planning with site and advise optimisation
- Analyse PM/CM completion statistics and propose improvement way forward
- Continuous training of personnel (share know-how)
- Assistance at site for trouble shooting and corrective maintenance when required
- Propose innovative, effective and up to date solutions
- Take active role as adviser, reviewer and approver in site modifications process
- Expedite vendor and procurement when required
- Provide support during start-up and commissioning phases
- Provide support to projects with design review and validation when required
- Interface with other parties/disciplines when required
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Instrumentation and automation discipline lead shall have a minimum of 15 years direct experience in field instrumentation and control.
- Instrumentation and automation discipline lead shall have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in maintenance of field instrumentation and control
- Knowledge of instrumentation and automation good practice and international standards.
- Analytical skills and fault-finding Skills
- Pro-actively stay up-to-date on new solutions and technologies
- Feel committed to overall availability of the production plants
- A working knowledge of SAP
- A good team management skill
- Good communication skills
- Good understanding of the business risks.
- Ability to communicate in French and English language is an added advantage.