To provide and facilitate medical care for the Hassi Messaoud operations.
To assists and supports NAF QHSE Manager & Senior QHSE Advisor to implement the Policies, Procedures, Standards, Training and health requirements as outlined in the Weatherford OEPS .
Shall maintain the infirmary and minimum medical supplies, provide an appropriate first aid for all injuries and liaise with the agreed Weatherford medical center.
Shall notify the Senior Health Advisor and NAF QHSE Manager & Senior QHSE Advisor on any Health and Safety priorities as he may identify.
Will make use of Medical provider assistance in case any emergency or treatment issues arise.
Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Address Health issues at the time of their identification
- Being responsible for the administration and implementation of the Health management system.
- Initiate, lead and participate in safety discussions, safety drills and inspections of all facilities including kitchens
- Assist the HSE Advisors to monitor the annual HSE plans and HSE objectives.
- Participate in safety meetings and toolbox talk to ensure QHSE hazard identification and uniform approach to hazard management.
- Assist HazMat Advisor by keeping an up to date register of MSDS of all chemicals used by Wft.
- Attend site tour meeting and assist managers / supervisors with information and advice on any Health related issues.
- Physically check and restock all first aid kits with records, chemical shower and eyewash stations.
- Assist the NAF NAF QHSE Manager & Senior QHSE Advisor in the development and implementation of Emergency Response Prepareness.
- File and maintain all patient treatment; medical equipment and authorized medications issue records.
- Assist with incident investigations including reporting and close out of recommended actions
- Maintain the labor register for occupational injury and sickness and ensure all personnel records are up to date for labor medicine.
- Provide emergency treatment to sick and injured personnel in conjunction with MCC / MCG when required.
- To ensure there are conventions in place for emergency medical providers and labor medicine that are in compliance with labor law.
- Ensure that the operation has enough trained first aid volunteers.
- Complete hygiene checks on Weatherford subcontractor catering providers and arrange for food samples to be sent for analysis when required in accordance with Algerian law and Weatherford Algeria requirements.
- Update the NAF QHSE Manager & Senior QHSE Advisor on medical outbreaks and emergency information for Algeria (typhoid, meningitis, etc)
- Maintaining adequate supplies of medicine when necessary and medical equipment.
- Provide campaigns for improved health for matters associated with diet, exercise, Ramadan, heat exhaustion, the heart, stroke recognition etc
- Attend departmental safety meetings and promote health issues on relevant subjects.
- Provide medical guidance for risk assessment
Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfill these.
- Empowered to stop unsafe acts
- Empowered to act as required in the event of a medical emergency
- Emeregency response team member with management
- Skill in oral and written communication French, Arabic and English and the preparation of monthly reports
- Communication skills with all departments
- Oral presentation skills and training.
- Competence with computers.
- Requires a high level of confidentiality.
- Local emergency response team member
As determined by Algerian law
- 5 years experience as a General practice in Algeria