WorleyParsons is looking for an HSSE Advisor (Offshore) to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in the North Sea for 6 months.
You will join the Health Safety and Environment Department (HSE) which provides support for the business and project delivery by ensuring the implementation of the HSSE management systems across all oil and gas projects both onshore and offshore. This will align to our culture of Care ethos. HSE management is responsible for facilitating and organising HSE processes to ensure a proactive approach to HSE management including goal setting, planning, and implementation of processes and providing monitoring and assurance to line and functional leadership on the effectiveness of the implementation. Attaining a sustainable incident free workplace and environment requires a strong commitment from leadership, management and all individuals. The HSE team is responsible for providing the support and guidance required to achieve this by assisting in promoting an enthusiastic HSE culture that delivers positive commitment to,and engages all project team members.
Your skills and expertise will be utilized within the Summer flotel campaign offshore west of Shetland on a prestigious project.
- Liaise with HSE lead on a daily basis to discuss issues / agree day to day activities and allocate priorities.
- Provide interpretation and guidance on related HSE legislation as required.
- Perform daily worksite inspections agreeing improvements / further actions as they arise.
- Demonstrate active involvement and promotion of WorleyParsons policies, safety initiatives and programs.
- Demonstrate active involvement and promotion of client policies, safety programs and initiatives.
- Attend morning project meetings to highlight HSE issues.
- Provide safety, health and environmental guidance to project management and workforce.
- Liaise and report on safety, health and environmental issues on a regular basis with the HSE Manager.
- Support Construction manager and Offshore Delivery Manager in the development of safety meeting agendas and presentation of HSE statistics and safety alerts.
- Support the Construction manager and Offshore Delivery Manager where required with the incident investigation and reporting process offshore, and to ensure the quality of both the investigation and the report.
- Ensure incident site preservation where required in order to gain / establish facts.
- Provide support in Incident investigation and Root cause analysis where required.
- Support and assist offshore management to ensure adequate numbers of safety representatives are in place and constituencies established for project personnel in line with current regulations.
- Support project induction process as required.
- Conduct safety audits as required in line with project audit schedule (area audits, ECOW, Risk assessment etc).
- Help develop safety training programs and strategies.
- Maintain a written daily / shift activity log to assist in effective shift handovers.
- Conduct verbal handovers between Dayshift / Nightshift (unless only dayshift cover provided).
- Compile written end of trip handover notes.
- Act as mentor to first line supervision to assist them in meeting their roles and responsibilities to ensure worksite safety standards meet expectations.
- Assist first line supervision in risk assessments where required prior to development of permit to work control certificates.
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
- IOSH Managing Environmental Responsibilities (or Similar).
- Auditor Training.
- Member of IOSH.
- Oil & Gas Experience.
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, please click on the 'Apply to Job' button below.