Condition Monitoring Technician
4 days left
- Full Time
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our customers and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our customers and will be committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Wood Nuclear is recruiting a Condition Monitoring Technician to be based in Knutsford.
The prime purpose of the Condition Monitoring (CM) Technician is to support our customers by providing an improved understanding of plant condition using Vibration Analysis and other CM techniques to realise opportunities for maintenance optimisation.
In this role you will have the opportunity to drive value and efficiency by delivering an effective Condition Monitoring programme to improve plant reliability. You will have the opportunity to travel to customer sites therefore flexibility to travel is required.
Whilst the primary function of this role is Vibration Analysis, there is scope for additional development in other areas such as Thermal Imaging/Thermography, Acoustic Emissions Monitoring, Oil/Lubricant Analysis and Motor Current Analysis. Experience in these areas is desirable but not essential as a longer-term training plan will be developed.
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual who has completed a mechanical apprenticeship and is looking for the next step to develop their career.
- Analysis of data collected by trained customer operatives
- Evaluate the severity of data and estimate expected remaining asset life
- Driving standards in data collection by recognising bad collection indicators in the data e.g. ski slopes, data fluctuations, missing data etc.
- Refer to the Maintenance Management System to review if any maintenance intervention has taken place since the last reading to account for changes in the data
- Update the Vibration Analysis database with details of overhauls and bearings change events etc.
- Collection of data on the customer premises when required
- Production of clear, concise and accurate written reports within existing report format, combining information from all available Condition Monitoring Technologies to provide the best indication of asset condition
- Update the Fleet Asset Information Register (FLAIR) on a monthly basis
- Carry out Root Cause Analysis (RCA) where necessary
- Communication and consultation with System Owners on asset condition to ensure problems identified are addressed
- Participate in audits and reviews of the condition monitoring function to identify actions for continuous improvement
- Formal qualification in a relevant engineering discipline
- Experience in vibration analysis
The following requirements are desirable but not essential, as a longer-term training plan will be developed:
- Recognised and accredited Vibration Analysis qualification Recognised and accredited Thermal Imaging qualification
- Recognised and accredited Ultrasound qualification
- Experience using Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
- A competitive reward package
- Work life balance – We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
- Family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
- International opportunities - As a 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 counties you will have access to international career opportunities.
- For your peace of mind, we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
- To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions
For our communities:
- We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.