Principal EC&I Engineer
4 days left
- Full Time
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood's nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Wood Nuclear is recruiting a Principal EC&I Engineer with extensive experience in the nuclear industry, preferably on civil PWR or AGR technology.
This excellent opportunity will see you operate on a nuclear licensed site alongside customers to identify and package a variety of key work streams. You will manage the technical delivery across a range of E, C&I projects across the engineering lifecycle, by maintaining technical oversight and leadership of a growing team.
In this role you will have the opportunity to capitalise on your already significant technical knowledge and leadership skills to build and manage a team around you. Working closely with the customer, you will be responsible for generating valuable revenue streams, whilst engaging with wider Wood capabilities to provide a comprehensive service.
- Build strong relationships with customers and local partners to maximise the execution of projects
- Develop revenue streams through proactive engagement with the client across a number of E, C&I focus areas
- Supervise the development of proposals and tenders, including the provision of estimates
- Identify and provide resolutions to emergent customer issues
- Grow a local team of Wood E, C&I Engineers as the requirement for on-site delivery increases
- Lead engineering activities through all stages of the project lifecycle and maintaining technical oversight of project delivery
- Maintain awareness of project performance for each project under their direction through regular contact with relevant stakeholders
- Verify and peer review of technical documentation
- Maintain fee earning capacity by leading engineering activities (e.g. Technical reports, and safety case documentation) where possible
Skills / Qualifications
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree qualified engineer (or accomplished through apprentice route with relevant expertise)
- Significant E, C&I technical expertise gained within the nuclear sector
- Proficiency with SMART or programmable components (e.g. PLCs, FPGAs)
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of applying modern IEC standards with respect to E, C&I challenges
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with EDF Energy Systems and Processes (e.g. CTS/214)
- Awareness of methods to demonstrate Production Excellence and Independent Confidence Building Measures
- Familiarity with civil nuclear plant systems, structures, and components including the associated design and assessment guidelines (e.g. ONR Safety Assessment Principles and Technical Assessment Guides)
- Knowledge and experience with relevant standards related to the categorisation and qualification of C&I Components (e.g. IEC 61508 & 61513)
- Completion of fault analysis and reliability assessments using recognised techniques such as FMEA, FTA, HAZID, and HAZOP Charted engineer status with a relevant professional body (or equivalent experience)
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
- A competitive reward package
- Work life balance - We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
- Family friendly benefits - maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
- International opportunities - As a 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 counties you will have access to international career opportunities.
- For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
- To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions
For our communities:
- We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.