Site C&I Engineer
4 days left
- Full Time
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood's nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment
Wood nuclear is currently recruiting for a site EC&I Engineer preferably with experience of working on site within the nuclear industry. The role is in support of our Nuclear business to be based at Dungeness B power station.
- Prepare technical reports, feasibility studies and other safety case supporting documentation
- Develop Requirements specifications, technical specifications and other design related documentation for C&I projects
- Perform and analyse discipline specific calculations for system studies
- Develop and review discipline specific engineering drawings
- Ensure successful execution of high quality engineering work to time, quality, budget and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate focus on customer care, committed to delivering on promises
- Manage own work within associated project budgets
- Anticipates technical risks associated with own work and discusses how to manage these with Responsible Engineer or Team Leader
- Support the development of proposals and tenders by providing accurate estimates of work
- Maintain and develop successful working relationships with engineers at own level within client organisations
- Continually develop technical knowledge and competence in field of expertise, and seeks to develop skill portfolio
- Works in a safe and sustainable manner and strives for continuous improvement in these areas
Skills / Qualifications
- Either time served apprentice, Degree qualified engineer or demonstrable expertise in the above areas
- Maintains a developing technical knowledge and experience in other technical disciplines, (e.g. materials science, mechanical engineering) to aid delivery of an EQ role
- Chartered or Incorporated engineer or ambitions, ability to achieve
- Familiar with common engineering drawings and design documentation
- Familiar with general types of control and safety instrument devices
- Maintains a developing knowledge of products and services available in the marketplace to support design concepts
- Maintains and develops knowledge, capability and competence in latest engineering standards and techniques
- Is proactive and autonomous whilst understanding limits of knowledge and experience
- Experience of process systems or C&I design an advantage
- Previous experience of the nuclear industry or highly regulated industry is an advantage but not essential.
- Knowledge of Civil nuclear plant systems, structures and component and associated design and assessment guidelines an advantage
- Is flexible to travel to various sites around the UK
- Is a UK national or is able to gain UK security clearance to at least BPSS plus CTC
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
- A competitive reward package
- Work life balance - We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
- Family friendly benefits - maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
- International opportunities - As an 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 counties you will have access to international career opportunities.
- For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
- To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
For our communities:
- We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.