Senior Electrical Technician (Omani National)
Paragon GE are looking for a Senior Electrical Technician (Omani National) for staff position at a major Oil and Gas operator in Oman.
Position Title: Senior Electrical Technician
Residential or Rotational: 14x14 rotation
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed
Location: Site based, Oman
Job Description/Major Duties (general job functions, responsibilities, day-to-day tasks & activities)
The Senior Electrical Technician will be responsible for the maintenance of all electrical distribution, switching, transmission, and end elements, particularly in the high voltage processes. Maintaining a safe and reliable field wide electrical system is critical to meeting production and injection targets.
The Senior Electrical Technician will be responsible but not limited to:
- Plan and coordinate preventive maintenance tasks on oilfield electrical equipment.
- Supervise projects for both high and low voltage applications.
- Develop and participate in training programs for Junior electricians.
- Able to read and interpret schematics, drawings and technical manuals.
- Able to make “As Built” drawings.
- Provide input on process optimization opportunities as they relate to equipment life cycle costs.
- Insure compliance with all company and governmental safety, environmental and health rules and regulations.
Requirements (Education required, background, experience, skills)
- College Diploma.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with electrical equipments.
- Experience in Oil and Gas field is preferred.
- Hold recognized Authorized Electrical Person Certification or be qualified to pass the test for this certificate.
- Oman Driver’s license or equivalent or ability to get an Omani license.
- Strong working knowledge of a wide variety of oilfield electrical process equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment failures and work independently when necessary.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the repair and maintenance various types of oilfield electrical equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of electrical safety systems and regulations.
- Team player, Goal Oriented, Self starter, able to deal with ambiguity & works well with others.
- Ability to set expectations & hold others accountable to ensure safety and environmental protection for self and others.
- Good PC skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.