HSE Manager France
If you are passionate about construction, engineering, continuous improvement processes, security and want to be part of a HSE department which is in charge of the construction of wind projects (EPC), installation and commissioning of the wind turbines (supply & installation).
Send your application right now. This is a great opportunity for you!
- Field activities in offices, warehouses and construction/service sites (25-40%)
- Lead implementation at country level of local Safety and Environmental (HSE) legal requirements, corporate and local HSE strategy
- Creation of local HSE documents (risk assessments, HSE plans, emergency response processes, communications, etc).
- Follow up of contractors/subcontractors including mobilization/demobilization, post-work assessment and audits when needed
- Perform HSE training including set up of training requirements according to local legislation
- Responsible to provide expertise and support in incident and hazardous observation investigation and root cause analysis
- Coordinate emergency response drills and exercises
- Participate in incident control duties during major accidents or emergencies
- Perform site visits and inspections
- Lead and/or be involved in the HSE committees according to legal and Vestas requirements
- HSE country focal point
- Actively, support the development and realization of a "Zero Incident Culture".
- Responsible to provide support and collaboration on HSE matters related to the country
- Country HSE management representative
- Define and review of local HSE legal requirements and local HSE strategy
- Define local HSE specifications for contractors/subcontractors.
- Technical review of global HSE documents
- Guide and mentor the organization in HSE activities
- Participation in tender processes (preparation of HSE documentation) and contract review from Environmental, Health & Safety perspective
- Focal point for Safety and Environmental issues for authorities, community, customers, subcontractors and Sales Business Unit (SBU) HSE
- Assist with various tasks contributing to staff organization
- Perform and follow up internal audits at SU and SBU level. Local contact for the SBU, corporate and external audits
- Responsible for development, supervision, and compliance enforcement of effective HSE management systems across the country.
- Develops and support implementation of processes and procedures, including hearing processes.
- 7-10 years of work experience within a managerial position in HSE in an international work environment, preferably renewable, oil & gas or construction sector
- Bachelor degree in H&S or engineering curriculum
- A master degree preferred in Health and Safety, Environment (preferably chartered IOSH member)
- Mother tongue in French and high proficiency level of English
- Other languages as Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Greek, Turkish and Danish would be an added value
- IRCA Lead auditor in ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 would be an added value
- In-depth knowledge of HSE standards and best practices, quality ISO standards, concepts, processes and procedures
- Proficiency in contractor/subcontractor Sustainability management, including mobilization/demobilization, pre-qualification requirements and post-work assessment
- Expertise in hazard jobsite assessment/analysis/solution, risk assessments, incident investigation and root cause analysis
- Development/implementation of processes and procedures, including comprehensive HSE Plans
- Conducting inspections and audits
- Proven and effective communication skills at every level (from site to boardroom) required
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks, to work independently, adapt to new/changing situations
- Solid interpersonal, computer, presentation and collaboration skills
- Flexibility to travel to sites across the country is required
We offer you a versatile job in a forward-looking and professional team with a rapid pace and an informal environment.
We have emphasis on both developing professional and personal skills and we expect you to go an extra mile when this is needed to accomplish results.
Primary work location is in Montpellier, Paris or Reims. This position require frequent travel throughout France and punctually in Europe.
Experience the forces of wind
Join Vestas and work with cutting-edge wind technology
As one of the world leaders in wind power solutions with wind turbine installations in over 65 countries and more than 20.000 employees globally, Vestas looks to accelerate innovation through the development of our employee's skills and talents. Our goal is to reduce CO2 emissions dramatically and ensure a sustainable world for future generations.