CMC - Construction Planning Engineer
Job purpose and organizational context: The Construction Method Center (CMC) develops innovative studies in the construction field and implements them on Projects, looking for a positive impact on construction costs and duration of works. These studies aim at: - defining at the earliest the optimized construction sequence - delivering in due time the proper input to Engineering and Procurement activities - providing preparation studies for implementation of Workface Planning - support the development and management of Work Front Management and Production Planning tools & process Job purpose: Part of the construction planning division of CMC providing support to projects and contributing to R&D activities. Reporting lines and interactions: Report to: CMC Construction Planning Manager Key interactions (internally, externally): Internally: CMC Technical Manager Externally: Construction Departments and Engineering Departments in the Regions Job scope (budget, management, specific criteria): "Experienced Engineer in Construction and Planning"
- Review project scope of work, schedules, specifications to understand the requirements and deliverables
- Prepare construction sequence and activities durations required for the overall project schedule
- Prepare and optimize the construction sequence considering the milestone dates, Engineering deliverables, reasonable material ROS and precom/com requirements.
- Give inputs to engineering and procurement in line with the construction path
- Ensure proper and continuous deployment of 4D planning
- Participate effectively with construction system teams for new planning related developments
- Discuss and approve with project leaders all deliverables required from the planning division (budget, objective, timing...etc.)
- Support the project to set up, train and implement tools and process related to Work Front Management and Production Planning
- Prepare all construction planning related presentations required internally and externally
- Assist in marketing of CMC construction planning studies
- Review and approve all documents produced by construction planning engineers
- In charge of all R&D planning activities
- In charge of writing specifications to any tools related to planning
- Must ensure adequate communication with leaders of other disciplines/divisions