Project HSE Lead
WorleyParsonsCord is a leader in industrial construction in Alberta and western Canada. Our employees enjoy exciting careers in fabrication, modularization, field installation, and professional support services for some of world's most challenging heavy-oil facilities, gas plants, power-stations and other industrial projects. As part of the global WorleyParsons team, we enjoy shared resources and opportunities with more than 20 Canadian locations and 40 countries.
WorleyParsonsCord Ltd. Is seeking an Project HSE Advisor to work with our growing team at our projects near Dawson Creek, AB.
Position Overview: To provide leadership in the implementation of the company HSE management systems and provide support to the Project Team.
- Develop the Project HSE strategy and provide leadership in the implementation of the company HSE management systems in accordance with local legislative requirements.
- Develop and continuously improve the strategic HSE action plans in alignment with corporate HSE management systems.
- Direct a team of project HSE professionals.
- Ensures the Project operates within WorleyParsons Corporate, Customer and legislative HSE requirements and expectations
- Act as a liaison and provide interpretation of appropriate OH&S legislation as it applies to the Project
- Provide guidance on the company incident management protocol inclusive of root cause analysis and identification of preventative measures
- Track and report HSE performance metrics inclusive of both leading / lagging indicators and analyse trends on the basis of continuous improvement
- Take a leading role in emergency preparedness planning specific to potential emergency scenarios
- Take a leading role in the development and implementation of the Project HSE risk management processes
- Measures and manages HSE program and performance through assessments to achieve targeted business output and improvement levels
- Facilitates and manages HSE training and orientation requirements
- Stays current with local, provincial and federal legislation and acts as an ambassador for WorleyParsons with clients and in the community
- Through contacts and networks within the industry, stays current with trends, changes and improvements in HSE
- Administers the Project WCB Claims Management process
- In depth knowledge of HSE Management Systems
- Previous HSE management experience in construction, commissioning, and operations in hydrocarbons sector
- Minimum 10 years of Construction Site Safety Experience
- A proven track record of excellence in safety and job completion
- National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) certificate or
- Certificate/diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
- Proven competency in the operation of key office software and productivity tools such as: MS Office suite of tools
- Interpersonal skills - establish direct working relationships and rapport with all levels within the organization,
- Communication skills - demonstrate excellent verbal and written communciation skills
- Customer service, including developing and improving customer relationships internally and externally
- Attention to detail and a focus on producing a quality product in a timely manner
- Ability to appropriately handle highly confidential information and situations
- Ensure all safety legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are adopted
- Operates under minimal supervision
- Outputs of role are relied on by customers and by the business for ensuring compliance with the company health and safety program.
WorleyParsons strives to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their perspective roles with the company.
Attention Staffing & Recruitment Agencies: WorleyParsonsCord Ltd. will not pay fees for recruitment activities related to the hiring or placement of a candidate unless a written service agreement has been established and executed between a duly authorized representative of WorleyParsonsCord Ltd. and the recruitment/placement firm. In addition, in order to qualify for recruitment fees, all candidate resumes must be submitted to WorleyParsonsCord Ltd. through our Human Resources Recruitment department. Resumes sent to our individual department heads without the express written approval of the recruitment department will be ineligible for a fee.