Data Analytics/Continuous Controls Auditing Manager - Houston, TX
17015 Aldine Westfield Road, Houston, TX 77073
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated, a global leader in the oilfield services industry, has an opening in the Internal Audit Department for a Data Analytics/Continuous Controls Auditing Manager to be located in Houston, TX.
BHI Internal Audit's mission is to provide Baker Hughes management an independent evaluation and assessment of the financial statements, business controls, automated systems, and processes while developing future leaders of the Company by exposing our team members to a wide range of the Company' strategic policies and processes. This role is for a manager proficient in data analytics-enabled auditing to implement and execute a continuous controls auditing (CCA) program within Internal Audit.
You will be part of a high performing team that solves complex problems while delivering assurance and consulting services for the Company globally. You will design, implement, and perform a CCA program to audit high risk business processes using analytic technology. In addition, you will perform/oversee various data driven audit projects and investigations and work with Process and FCPA Audit teams to integrate enhanced data analysis into Internal Audit methodology and processes.
- Develop an understanding of BHI processes, risks, and opportunities for data analytics and continuous controls auditing through research and interviews with subject matter expert employees
- Design and implement a CCA program using analytic technology, including establishing data connection/extract, analysis, and reporting mechanisms, including risk and performance based analytics, dashboards, scorecards, reports, etc.
- Plan and execute the CCA program, as well as oversee assigned audit staff
- Regularly evaluate the CCA program for effectiveness and refine as necessary
- Consider additional areas for CCA program expansion and maturity
- Evaluate opportunities to extend continuous controls monitoring into the business
- Participate in / oversee various data driven audit projects and investigations, such as vendor audits, as assigned
- Integrate enhanced data analysis into Internal Audit methodology and processes
- Communicate the results of the CCA program and other assigned projects via timely and informative draft reports and oral presentations to all levels of management
- Develop sound recommendations for improvements to controls and business processes
- Document work performed to support conclusions and recommendations
- Design and oversee IA department audit results summarization and reporting through dashboards, KPIs, etc.
- Work with Audit Director and VP to incorporate data into attractive and informative presentations and reports for executive leadership and the Audit/Ethics Committee
- Evaluate data analytic skills and competencies within the Internal Audit department and design and deliver periodic trainings to staff
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting or Finance or other technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.
- 8 years of experience in internal or external auditing, and/or relevant experience. Must include experience using data analytics-enabled auditing and/or working in a continuous controls auditing or monitoring environment.
- Proficiency using data analysis software such as ACL, Idea, Tableau, etc.
- CPA, CIA, or CISA certification required
- Advanced PC skills, including Word and Excel
- Intellectual curiosity and a commitment to personal development
- Comfort in dealing with ambiguity
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strong technical, analytical, and decision making skills; ability to analyze, interpret, and summarize information
- Professional assertiveness and strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to the BHI Core Values - Integrity, Teamwork, Leadership, Performance and Courage
- Experience with SAP a plus
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.