Master Planner (Pressure Pumping) – Tomball, TX
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Master Planner (Pressure Pumping) - Tomball, TX As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
The Master Planner is responsible for coordinating all aspects of materials management (raw materials, semi-finished goods, finished goods, products, parts, instrumentation, etc.) required to support North America Land Pressure Pumping customer demands. This includes planning and scheduling materials, managing material availability, troubleshooting material availability problems, determining and eliminating the root cause of problems in the supply chain, communicating material supply issues to internal customers, resolving conflicts as they arise, and placing Purchase Requisitions with Procurement Team. Work in close partnership with Sales, Marketing, Operations, Scheduling, Commodity Management, Procurement, Customer Service, and Logistics, and external partners such as material suppliers in order to develop supply chain strategies and plans that maximize service levels while simultaneously minimizing risk and reducing total inventory and cost throughout the entire supply chain. Master Planner encompasses the principles of customer service, teamwork, analytics, communication, influencing, negotiation and leadership.
Master Planner is the team champion and lead administrator of materials demand management process. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop effective and efficient supply chain strategies and tactics to improve District production/Well Site execution scheduling, inventory planning, inventory management, replenishment and disposition strategies.
- Understand and communicate material demand based on sales contractual agreements.
- Develop demand plans based on customer needs and material capacity constraints.
- Maintain demand plan with focus on minimizing costs and lead time.
- Effectively manage accurate cut-in dates resulting from Customer/Engineering changes
- Lead MRP program for high-volume, low-cost materials.
- Implement programs/processes which increase material inventory turns while decreasing material stock outs and backorders.
- Identify obsolete/slow moving (SLOB) inventory and implement processes/programs to reduce/minimize SLOB inventories.
- Lead and mentor District/Geomarket planners, ensure proper training and development of the planning function.
- Lead monthly Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) meeting to formally communicate material demands and market activities.
- Gather and communicate new critical jobs and or changes to existing contracts.
- Develop and utilize a firm understanding of cross-functional responsibilities, processes, and goals.
- Lead planning team in supporting corporate, plant, and business unit strategies, initiatives, and metrics.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Bachelors Degree REQUIRED (Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or something similar to those is preferred)
- Strong financial acumen, strong analytical skills, data analysis (extraction conclusion)
- 2 years of experience in Sales and operations planning
- 2 years of experience in forecasting
- Knowledge of the role for demand planning in the business and the relationship between the demand plan, the sales budget and corporate budget.
- Experience with SAP
- Business/product knowledge with an understanding of how key events affect product demand; product history and trends and demand planning's place in the sales cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in team-oriented environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to handle multiple activities successfully while adhering to deadly
- Masters Degree (MBA or MS in Supply Chain) highly preferred
- Supply Chain and Strategic Sourcing
- Risk Analysis and Risk Mitigation
- Process Improvement (Six Sigma)
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.