Full Time Regular (Local)
About This Job
Baker Hughes has an opportunity for a Procurement Specialist to join our team in Mumbai, India.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Under direct supervision, manages delivery performance, cost and inventory management, and customer satisfaction for established suppliers
- Manages purchase order execution along with Follow-up till GR
- Communicate with Suppliers to expedite the orders when necessary
- May substitute items within pre-approved guidelines
- Manages all deliveries with respect to planning to meet all Procurement KPI's.
- Actively uses continuous improvement tools to improve HS&E, quality, delivery, financial performance, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction
- Handles special projects as assigned
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values
Essential Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree with 2 years' procurement, sourcing or similar experience
- SAP/Ordering Software experience a plus
- Sound knowledge of Procure to Pay cycle and purchasing practices, principles & procedures
- Ability to analyse and present statistical data
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications, including some knowledge of advance level of Excel functionality
- Great attitude and willing to learn
- Strong communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks in a challenging, fast-paced work environment
Preferred Qualifications / Requirements
- Manufacturing procurement experience a plus
- Order Management experience a plus
At Baker Hughes we make a commitment to the success of each individual team member. We offer benefits to chart your career path such as training, specialty assignments, cross-functional team projects, and much more. Additionally, Baker Hughes offers you the flexibility - and opportunities - you need to achieve your career goals.
For this position, we are ideally seeking candidates who have permanent work authorization in Mumbai, India. If you do not have current eligibility to work in Mumbai, India
then please visit our website www.bakerhughes.com/careers and explore one of the many other opportunities that we have to offer in other locations that you may be eligible for.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.