The SysOps Engineer will have the technical expertise in deployment; management; and operational sustainment of managed services within the AWS/Cloud based platform.
Eligible candidates will have:
- Functional duties of the candidate will include:
- Deploying; managing; and operating scalable; highly available; and fault tolerant systems on AWS or equivalent Cloud environment
- Migrating existing on-premise applications and services to AWS or equivalent cloud based environment
- Implementing and controlling the flow of data to and from AWS
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute; data; or security requirements
- Identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices
- Estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms
- Experience in automatic deployment using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt or equivalent
Eligible candidates will have:
- One or more years of hands-on experience operating AWS-based applications
- Experience provisioning; operating; and maintaining systems running on AWS
- Ability to identify and gather requirements to define a solution to be built and operated on AWS
- Capabilities to provide AWS operations and deployment guidance and best practices throughout the lifecycle of a project, experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery.
- BS degree in a computer, engineering or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and five (5)
years to eight (8) years of progressive, relevant experience, or an MS degree in a computer or system science and four
(4) to six (6) years of progressive experience, or Ph.D. degree in a computer of system science discipline and zero (0) to
three (3) years of related experience or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
- Candidate must be able to complete one or more of the following certifications within 6 months of hire
- Security + CE
- CCNA - Security
- CCNA- UC
- Candidate must be willing to acquire and maintain new certifications, as required by management.
- Proof of US citizenship is required for this position
- 2+ years of experience in Amazon Web Services
- 2+ years of experience in Linux Administration
- 2+ years of experience providing Windows Server 2008/2012 server administration
- Experience configuring use of service monitoring tools (SCOM/ Solarwinds/ Cloud Watch) to manage service environment
- Experience in virtualization of servers
- Experience providing managed services in an IaaS/ PaaS/ SaaS Public Cloud environment
- MCSA/RHEL Certified Systems Administrator or demonstrated relevant experience preferred
5-8 years of related software development experience is a plus
Certifications in AWS; Linux Admin or Microsoft Server Admin are a plus
Knowledge of firewalls and networking experience is a plus
- Experience with Cisco, Microsoft and HP servers and equipment is desired
Certified network engineer with extensive experience in network security systems, architecture and design including analysis, design and setup and maintenance of LAN, WAN and security systems is desired
Exposure to McAfee Host-Based Security System a plus
- Hands-on experience with routers, firewalls, switches, load levelers and content distribution equipment and security software including malware detection, intrusion detection and prevention is desired.