Operations Director, UK Nuclear Site
For one of our clients in the UK, we are searching for a Director of Operations to work on a complex program of works on a nuclear site in the UK. This is a permanent position and would suit an experienced operations director with nuclear management experience who would like to play an instrumental part in a major nuclear site. The role will be based in Cumbria, UK.
- Direct and manage business activities for a large value specialist contract and associated projects in line with the strategic plan.
- Contribute as a member of the senior management team, to the formulation of an overall strategy for the business unit and play a role in the decision making process.
- Formulate and communicate the operations strategy for the contract providing leadership to the team to ensure this is translated and implemented at all levels to ensure delivery of results in key areas e.g. Health and Safety, financial and customer performance.
- Actively source new work and win work by appropriate bid strategies.
- Direct an operations team to ensure that the operations function is designed, equipped, staffed, organized and managed, safely to achieve agreed objectives.
- Manage the full employee lifecycle for all direct reports including talent and succession management to ensure optimum team performance.
- Developing new customer relationships through networking in order to maximize leads and opportunity in the market. Maintaining and develop existing customer relationships within the contract.
- Strong experience in an Operations Manager/Director role, managing multidisciplinary teams
- Experience/strong background in a contractor organization, rather than consultancy or client organization
- Nuclear industry experience
- Pedigree of experience on large value, complex projects
- Experience of working within a framework, alliance or JV
- Degree in a related discipline
- Strong strategic reasoning and decision making skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate employees to achieve high standards of compliance
- Exceptional communication and networking skills
- Political awareness
- Self-driven, results-orientated with a positive outlook
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills, including ability to manage business priorities
- Ability to monitor performance and intervene appropriately to ensure targets are achieved and exceeded
Thomas Thor Associates is a recruitment and consulting organisation dedicated to the nuclear industry. We recruit for roles in nuclear new build, operations, decommissioning, research and waste management and our clients include nuclear regulators, operators, engineering companies and research organisations
How to apply?
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Anelia Koleva on +44 203 695 1888 for an informal discussion on this or other opportunities.