Cost Analyst - Birmingham (Major Programmes)
CH2M is a global leader in consulting, design and programme management. We love to tackle complex challenges, and we know that our best solutions come out of close, trusted partnerships with our clients and the communities we touch.
Be a part of something Special: Every professional aspires to be part of something special, to innovate and to change the world for the better; leaving their ideas and visions imprinted in the landscape for future generations to wonder 'how' as they marvel at the scale & complexity in front of them.
Here at CH2M we are fortunate to work towards this every day, enhancing the lives of the communities around us and greatly improving infrastructure for business and the economy to compete and thrive.
Our Birmingham team have exciting opportunities across our portfolio including; High Speed 2, Programme Delivery Partner for Highways England, SMART/Major Motorways, Network Rail, Local Authority frameworks, Flood/Environmental frameworks and Major Ground Investigations.
The Role: We are looking for a Cost Analyst to analyse data from our industry leading cost systems across the company in order that accurate and robust figures can be used confidently by internal and external stakeholders.
- Key functions and responsibilities of the role are:
- Analysis of outputs from cost models to support accurate reporting, benchmarking and analysis of infrastructure costs on key projects
- Ensuring that the information received is harvested and inserted into the right systems, in order to drive the mechanics behind the systems for earned value and world class cost reporting.
- Draw on industry best practice in the development and maintenance of HS2 cost systems to ensure consistent best in class approaches and decision making across all directorates.
- Provide support to the development of programme wide models including (amongst others) indirect costs, whole life, and prelims.
The Opportunity: HS2 is the planned high speed rail network linking London with Leeds, Manchester and beyond via the West Midlands. CH2M are appointed as a partner for HS2 Ltd. where we work as an integrated team alongside our client managing engineering and other professional services companies to deliver this exciting scheme on time and within budget. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to help deliver one of the world's largest infrastructure projects ever undertaken!
At CH2M, we are constantly striving to further enhance our team resources. We are therefore interested in experienced engineering, environmental & other project professionals, offering significant career prospects, competitive packages, benefits & share options. The opportunity is there to work alongside talented colleagues and collaborative senior management. We continually look to further enhance CH2Mers capability through diverse and challenging work as well as training, development plans & mentorships.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- The role involves engagement with other parts of the HS2 programme. This requires the ability to engage effectively with colleagues.
- Understanding of the cost drivers that define a project and ability to convert engineering data into meaningful cost drivers.
- Quantity surveying skills and an understanding of the construction industry
- Knowledge of cost systems.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Ability to analyse data and present as meaningful metrics.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and specifically the ability to present cost work concisely.
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues in many different disciplines involved in HS2.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Working towards chartered status.
- Experience in infrastructure and/or the rail sector.
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We're full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner 'Engineers without Borders', 'Water for People' and 'Bridges to Prosperity'. We're STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women's engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Please note that for this role we are only considering applications from candidates with valid working rights for the UK who are willing to accept local employment contract conditions. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position or offer expatriate employment terms.
For further information please contact: Michael.Jones3@ch2m.com
Job Location CH2M, BirminghamBirmingham, GB
View on Google maps