Cost Manager - Birmingham (Major Prgrammes)
CH2M is a global leader in consulting, design and programme management. We love to tackle complex challenges, and we know that our best solutions come out of close, trusted partnerships with our clients and the communities we touch.
Be a part of something Special: Every professional aspires to be part of something special, to innovate and to change the world for the better; leaving their ideas and visions imprinted in the landscape for future generations to wonder 'how' as they marvel at the scale & complexity in front of them.
Here at CH2M we are fortunate to work towards this every day, enhancing the lives of the communities around us and greatly improving infrastructure for business and the economy to compete and thrive.
Our Birmingham team have exciting opportunities across our portfolio including; High Speed 2, Programme Delivery Partner for Highways England, SMART/Major Motorways, Network Rail, Local Authority frameworks, Flood/Environmental frameworks and Major Ground Investigations.
The Role: We are looking for an experienced Cost Management professional who is able to produce accurate and robust figures that can be used confidently by internal and external stakeholders. This role provides lots of opportunity for both personal and professional development in a large, innovative organisation.
The primary purpose of this role is to support the Senior Cost Manager to plan, develop and supervise all cost elements within the [Directorate Project Controls function] and to ensure project wide adoption and conformance.
- Provide expert professional advice covering HS2 infrastructure Costs to HS2 Clients (including but not limited to; Procurement Specialists, Cost / Contract Management Personnel, Estimators and Project Controls Managers).
- Maintain cost models to ensure accurate reporting of HS2 infrastructure costs.
- Reconcile the annualised cost profile against the agreed annual funding envelope.
- Work closely with the scheduling team to ensure integration and alignment of infrastructure cost models and schedules.
The Opportunity: HS2 is the planned high speed rail network linking London with Leeds, Manchester and beyond via the West Midlands. CH2M are appointed as a partner for HS2 Ltd. where we work as an integrated team alongside our client managing engineering and other professional services companies to deliver this exciting scheme on time and within budget. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to help deliver one of the world's largest infrastructure projects ever undertaken!
At CH2M, we are constantly striving to further enhance our team resources. We are therefore interested in experienced engineering, environmental & other project professionals, offering significant career prospects, competitive packages, benefits & share options. The opportunity is there to work alongside talented colleagues and collaborative senior management. We continually look to further enhance CH2Mers capability through diverse and challenging work as well as training, development plans & mentorships.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- The role involves engagement with other parts of the HS2 programme. This requires the ability to engage effectively with colleagues, holding their confidence and leading the debate on issues with cost management.
- Understanding of the cost drivers that define a project and ability to convert engineering data into meaningful cost drivers.
- Quantity surveying skills and comprehensive understanding of the construction industry.
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of direct and indirect costs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and specifically the ability to present cost work concisely.
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues in many different disciplines involved in HS2.
- Strong quantitative, drafting and presentational skills.
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Experience in infrastructure and/or the rail sector.
- Awareness of government initiatives and policies.
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We're full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner 'Engineers without Borders', 'Water for People' and 'Bridges to Prosperity'. We're STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women's engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Please note that for this role we are only considering applications from candidates with valid working rights for the UK who are willing to accept local employment contract conditions. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position or offer expatriate employment terms.
For further information please contact: Michael.Jones3@ch2m.com
Job Location CH2M, BirminghamBirmingham, GB
View on Google maps