EMEA Inventory Lead
JobID : 23971BR
- Lead development of material usage forecasts and inventory strategies to ensure that on-time delivery and inventory objectives are met. This includes developing, entering, and maintaining forecasted demand, as well as re-order points/safety stock into SAP ERP for all key products.
- Work closely with Purchasing to ensure material support of the production and inventory plan.
- Work with inventory accounting and product engineering to review and disposition excess and obsolete inventory, as well as identify uses across the market for this inventory to minimize losses.
- Identify and implement cost reduction and process improvement initiatives consistent with customer, Company, Business Unit, and site goals and objectives. Monitors costs to identify trends, including compliance to financial metrics.
- Use problem-solving and continuous improvement to spark innovation.
- Lead process improvement teams and implement recommendations to optimize functional efficiency through use of SAP and/or related modules.
- Ability to identify actions necessary to achieve task completion and to obtain results; ability to meet schedules, deadlines, quotas, and performance goals
- Assist in establishing and executing processes that are consistent with Company Guidelines and Business Unit Policies and Procedures, as well as inventory and supply management best practices
- Maintain and report key inventory management performance metrics per site, and for Business Unit to attain financial metrics.
- Assist in coordinating inventory management best practices between Business Unit regions.
- Perform work of equal or lower skill level as required (Acting as backup)"
- Participate in development and/or delivery of training programs on process and associated software tools. Coach personnel in utilizing software tools to implement Westinghouse inventory management processes.
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related discipline (e.g. Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation, Finance, Statistics, and Quantitative Business Analysis) or related field. APICS/CPIM certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of discrete and continuous manufacturing processes is preferred.
- Must have minimum 5 to 7 years of related experience.
- Must be driven and self-motivated, as well as a quick learner.
- Must have good written, verbal, and inter-personal communication skills, which includes giving and receiving feedback.
- Must have leadership, teamwork and organizational skills.
- Must be able to exercise sound planning and decision-making skills in a multi-tasking environment.
- Must be computer literate, and have proficiency in Microsoft Office. Must have strong knowledge of MS Excel and MS Access.
- SAP or other ERP experience is required, with specific knowledge of MRP, inventory management, forecasting, and/or purchasing. Knowledge of system-based Material Master creation, Bill Of Materials creation, and Workflow is preferred.
- Speaks and writes French and English fluently. Other European languages are preferred , German is a plus.