Swing Rig Operator Corod® Lloydminster, Alberta
As a Weatherford Swing Rig Operator you will facilitate the safe and efficient operation of Weatherford's Corig™ unit, a standalone, well servicing solution. Weatherford provides our Rig Operator's with a solid foundation of theoretical knowledge and practical skills, serving as the starting point to a fulfilling career in the oilfield services industry.
- Oversee/assist in the installation and servicing of wellsite equipment, including continuous sucker rod, down hole pumps and wellhead drives.
- Ensures tight connections on Corod, polish rod and BOP.
- As a Relief Operator, the successful candidate will operate the Rig, oversee all processes
- Ensures proper handling, use and maintenance of equipment and tools on the Corig; informs Rig Operator if any equipment/tools are required.
- As a Rig assistant, the successful candidate will drive a one-ton crew vehicle with crew trailer in a safe manner to well site locations
- Understands environmental and health and safety hazards; complies with all environmental and safety procedures as set by the Company and the industry.
- Participates in safety drills on a weekly basis.
- Immediately communicates all safety, operational and environmental concerns to the Rig Operator or Field Supervisor.
- Maintains a clean working area: wellsite/lease, rig, truck, and doghouse.
- Ensures all paperwork, e.g. rig tickets, time sheets, etc. are filled out correctly and submitted in a timely manner.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
- 1-2 years oilfield rig experience
- Relocation to the Bonnyville/ Cold Lake region required
- WHMIS, First Aid & CPR training
- Valid class 5 driver's abstract with clean driving record (Class 3 Operators license preferred)
- Uncompromising attitude to safety performance and service quality excellence
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a team setting